Kity 618 table saw manual

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiffla

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of the above manual. I've searched the t'interweb but with no luck. Kity/NMA don't have archived copies either so I'm a bit stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I should have a copy somewhere, just not sure where...
...I'll have a dig around...
...nowhere obvious in the garage, I'll have another look at the weekend.

No, of course it's not in the cupboard under the saw... :roll:

Was there anything in particular you wanted to know?

cambournepete":2ojwo5p1 said:
I found it - would you like me to email you a scan of it?
PM your email address...

Hey

Id like a copy of the manual if the offer stands, but i cant see how to PM

Hello, Fordgate1, I have only just been accepted as a member of this group, but wonder if I could also ask for any information you may have on the Kity 618. We have been looking for a more capable table saw than our 20 plus year, Power Pro from B&Q. I confess that we don't really have a great deal of knowledge about wood working and for most of our lives we have rather muddled our way through projects or had someone in to do the work. The Kity 618 was purchased from eBay and has not yet been collected. From the hundreds that we have looked at though, it seems to be in good condition and from the images doesn't seem to have been abused. We did look at other makes and appreciate that Kity went out of business about 20 years ago. the later 619 and 1069 probably have more functionality but also seem to be a lot more expensive or the ones we have seen have been worked harder or just simply left to the elements.

Our most recent project was to rip out the very old, oak timbers from the barn we have and replace with more modern timbers. We used a combination of chainsaw.... the table saw and circular saws to cut the beams, (Madrier, 225 x 75m), joists (Bastaings 175 x 63) and floorboards (18mm OSB3). Rather than hijack this thread I'll make a new post showing the progress of that project.

Kind regards,
Emma

Hi We don't have a 618 but the earlier 617 as part of the combination Kity Multi Drive combination, 636 planner thicknesser, and 628 spindle moulder.

This the second kity combination that we have owned. over 25 years. The current 617 is used on a very regular basis. . Very easy to make accurate cuts on hard and soft woods. with the mitre guides I have made picture frames. Using the guide I was able to make mouldings.

Motor has coped with all the demands placed on it.

Hopes this helped

Hi We don't have a 618 but the earlier 617 as part of the combination Kity Multi Drive combination, 636 planner thicknesser, and 628 spindle moulder.

This the second kity combination that we have owned. over 25 years. The current 617 is used on a very regular basis. . Very easy to make accurate cuts on hard and soft woods. with the mitre guides I have made picture frames. Using the guide I was able to make mouldings.

Motor has coped with all the demands placed on it.

Hopes this helped
Hiya,
thanks for getting back to me. it's really reasuring to know that you like the Kity, to be honest it's a bit of nightmare trying to decide what to get. Some look like they've been thrashed and some even look like they've been outside for some time. I suppose too that some are sold by house clearing businesses and I find that a bit sad. The one we purchased is from a chap who has retired and was happy to give me the history of it.
at the same time that bought the power-Pro table saw, we also purchased a thicknesser, router table and a band saw. At the time, 'we' were fitting out a sailing boat. They seem to work of although they haven't had very much use.

We have just put in a new floor in the barn so now have space to use the machines.

Attachments

• 20230523_190902.jpg
    20230523_190902.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230613_194952.jpg
    20230613_194952.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230616_170004.jpg
    20230616_170004.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back