Kity 618 Blade rise and fall

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiffla

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just bought the above saw and I'm trying to set it up to accommodate my needs. However, while messing around with it i noticed the blade doesn't fall all the way below the table surface. Is this normal or have i just been sold a chocolate fireguard?

CHEERS

Shaun

Hi Shaun.

Not familiar with your saw, but on a Lutz Jumbo I have the blade was still through by about 15mm at it's lowest. A rather involved 'modification' was required to sort it.

Roy

I'm not familiar with it either, but it's not unheard of. Some very large saws (24" rip saws, for example) don't go down below, say 6". I realise that few of us on this forum will have such a saw...
How far up does it protrude? Is it the right size blade or has someone tried to put a larger-than-intended blade on it?
S

The kity saw that was part of my CK26 (?) combi machine was like this. It also had a 15mm bore blade and the table tilted instead of the blade.
Awful design. Some severe and brutal modifications got the blade to got below the surface but in the end the non tilting blade meant it had to go.
If your 618 also has a tilting table, then you will likely soon come to hate that too. Some newer Kity machines are not too bad but the early ones were 'orrible!

Bob

No its a tilt arbor, should have a 270mm blade but if someone has fitted a 300mm that would account for your 15mm projection.

J

Thanks for all the answers. Found out its made that way i need to use a smaller blade to bring it below the surface of the table.

Back