Kity 613 help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, ive got a kity 613.
I bought it a couple of years ago with a suspected blown motor. I tried the capacitor but it was indeed the motor. I replaced it with a another motor and wired in a new safety switch and new tyres. I then bought some blades from tuffsaws, set it up via videos on YouTube. It works, but not very well as i have issues trying to get straight ( as in upright ) cuts.
On a different thread earlier in the year, another member suggested i check the adjustment to make sure it goes fully up and down, as i shouldn't be able to max out blade tension.

I needed it the other day and finally got round to taking a look, and the tensioner is indeed maxed out. The lower wheel does not moveup and down, the (4) blades i have are all the recommended 2300mm (90.5")

The frame does not appear to have any damage so does not appear bent.... so I'm struggling to figure out what to do.

I could fit a shorter blade and try tensioning that but I'd quite like to get to the bottom of it. At some point I'd like more cut depth, so would end up selling this one, but in either case i need to fix it....

Any ideas??

Thanks, kev

I have the 513, same blade size. The problem I had was a seized tensioner. Although I thought it was maxed out as could not get tension, in actuality the pivot arm was seized.
Simple case of removing blade, plenty of wd40 to get free play, then dismantled it to give thorough clean, lubricate and rebuild. Now I able to tension easily.

The problem I had was a seized tensioner. Although I thought it was maxed out as could not get tension, in actuality the pivot arm was seized.

Ah ok.... I'll take a look tomorrow. It currently goes up and down and the other adjuster allows the camber to be set well.
Thank you for that info 🙏

Is the table set at 90 degrees to the blade. I had to adjust the stop screw to set perfect 90 on the tilt table.
I just put new wood guide blocks in mine recently, massive improvement in cut accuracy.

😒 not that.... i took the blade off and spun the machine round, the pivot/ rear adjuster mechanism is moving freely....

The blade is at 90 side to side, but upon testing, the front to back 8s 3mm out over 150mm. Blade is tracking with teeth just over the edge of the tyres. Will have to adjust the table.
I replaced the lower blocks with oak blocks, top guides are rollers. I bought a set of lower rollers to modify but havent got there yet....

The screws are at the top of the adjuster slots. I am assuming the tyres are about the right thickness? They are 3mm thick installed. They were for the machine, from bedford saw co. The original tyres had prettymuch disintegrated and kinda become goey, so what was left of them got scraped off when i first bought it 😐

Attachments

• 20211025_164526.jpg
    20211025_164526.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 16351767942658056484222015045811.jpg
    16351767942658056484222015045811.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 10
Update:
@Chippymint suggested we check our wheel measurements ( overall top height, centres etc ) and it did indeed turn out to be the tyre thickness.

For anyone who stumbles on this thread, the kity ones need to be 4.8mm
Bedford saw co supply 2.4mm ones ( which is what i had bought )
Bandsawparts.co.uk offer both 2.4 and 4.8 options. Prior to realising this though, i bought another pair of 2.4mm tyres to put over the top out of desperation ( yeah i know, but ive got funky two tone tyres 😝 )

All wayyyyyyy better now!
A big thanks to sachakins and chippymint for your help!!!

Attachments

• 20211125_091640.jpg
    20211125_091640.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 5
Back