Kity 612 bandsaw owners - information please !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heronviewer

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to set up my Kity 612 more accurately but have found that the table is not at right angles to the saw blade (guides backed off). The reason appears to be that the brackets mounting the table to the base are home made. They are made of 16 gauge steel and are not slotted, so I can't adjust them, nor do an angled cut. I can't find any Kity brackets, so I shall make new ones from some 3mm aluminium angle. Before I start, I would like to know some measurements, so if someone could assist me, it would be very helpful. If that is possible, I will post some photographs and expand on what I would like to know.

heronviewer":3ri8yye3 said:
I have been trying to set up my Kity 612 more accurately but have found that the table is not at right angles to the saw blade (guides backed off). The reason appears to be that the brackets mounting the table to the base are home made. They are made of 16 gauge steel and are not slotted, so I can't adjust them, nor do an angled cut. I can't find any Kity brackets, so I shall make new ones from some 3mm aluminium angle. Before I start, I would like to know some measurements, so if someone could assist me, it would be very helpful. If that is possible, I will post some photographs and expand on what I would like to know.

This may not be of any help to you but I own a Kity 613 I think(but I may be wrong) that the 612 and 613 have many of the same parts.
You in the past made me a very happy man with regards to my Kity machine and if I can help you in any way with this problem I will.

Thank you - I think the parts I'm talking about are different, but I'll attach an exploded parts diagram for the 612. The brackets I'm asking about are item 16 on the diagram.

Attachments

• kitypartslist.JPG
    kitypartslist.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 54
Sorry for delay.

Attachments

• IMG_20191107_150932-1008x756.jpg
    IMG_20191107_150932-1008x756.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20191108_112241-756x1008.jpg
    IMG_20191108_112241-756x1008.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 37
I think that the parts may well be different on my 613.
They are made from pressed steel and are not flat but have a lip around the edge. It also seems from my parts list that the front and rear are different with separate numbers but your list shows 2 parts with the same number.

Thank you. It is different as I had thought but maybe you could check two things which would give me a guide. I post two photo of what I have so you can see.

Attachments

• IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 29
This is the homemade bracket taken from the opposite side to your photo. Both brackets are the same. I wonder if the position of the row of three holes relative to the angle of the bracket is correct as that will affect where the table is positioned relative to the saw. At the moment, I have a ½" blade fitted and the saw tip is ¾" from the front i of the slot in the table Is that about right ?

This is of the underneath of the table and it shows the gap between the underside of the table and the base. This can be varied by having a different distance between the top flange of the bracket and the single bottom bolt shown in the previous photo. I'm not sure what clearance there should be to allow tilting but what is there seems a lot and the maximum depth of cut I can have is just over 5¼". I could increase that by reducing that distance. What distance does your machine have there ?

Attachments

• IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 29
Hi and good morning
I’m new to the site.
Need advice on my Kity 612. I’m looking to replace both sets of wheel tyres. Any body purchased a set in the uk? Any advice would be very much appreciated

Are the wheels on Kity 612 machines always rubber treaded or do some machines only have a cork coating on the wheel?

The reason I'm interested to know is that the manual said the wheel would have a wooden layer between the rubber and the cast iron, but the machine I bought had no rubber coating at all and I assumed this machine would work without it. I assume that the wooden ply in the manual refers to the cork ply found in the wheels of my machine.
https://docs.machineatlas.com/Kity+612+Bandsaw+Manual+English.pdf
Have I misused my machine without rubber tyres? Should I install rubber tyres over the cork material?

Back