Kity 439 Planer/Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delboy47

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve had this machine for a number of years and it suits my purpose well.
However, I now have a problem with adjustment of the Infeed table for depth of cut when planing. It just doesn’t move. I can turn the adjustment knob but perhaps not through it’s full operation extent ( I honestly don’t know) but no apparent movement in the table. I have checked the threaded rod which should operate this and all seems OK...I.e not broken or anything untoward that I can see.
Thought I would investigate further but be blowed if I can see how the infeed table moves. Everything is so well bolted together I can’t see what is able to move. I thought I would try removing the table for some lubrication operations but noticed that the outfeed roller is attached to this which would suggest a much bigger job by having to strip down and disengage the roller drive mechanism etc.
I guess most P/T’s have a similar type of operation for adjustment of the infeed table so can anyone kindly give many any advice or suggestions.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Delboy

It looks to be a lubrication requirement as I can now move the Infeed table using a pair of grips on the handle but as above I can’t see what needs lubricating and how I get at it relatively easily. Can anyone help at all.
Thanks

I don't have a 439, but if it is similar to the 636, try easing off the nuts (stiffnuts on mine) that hold the infeed table down and get some oil between it and the part below. Then try working it gently until it eases - you will probably get very mucky oil out which needs to be removed before you retighten the nuts.

Back