Kity 439 P/T - any owners out there?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
I'm rebuilding mine. I didn't pay much for it, and it's very secondhand, so a complete clean-up/rebuild/align is called for. When I looked at the outfeed table, I had to make a strong coffee while I calmed down (dear!) a bit.

Good news: the knife block and bearings are fine (got nice new knives for it). Bad news: the table mountings and thicknesser feed arrangements appear to be a dog's breakfast of c##p engineering. I must emphasise, though, that mine is OLD (don't know the exact date, but 10+ years at a guess), so I'd expect a lot of the design issues have been fixed since it was made.

Anyway, here's my quickie question to anyone who's got one:

The infeed and outfeed tables are secured with four domed, M6, Allen-headed, machine screws. There are two either side, for each table, on the sloping part of the castings. Please can you have a quick look under the outfeed table, possibly with a torch, and tell me if yours has them secured by nuts+washers, or some other arrangement. Also the ones on the infeed table (although it's the outfeed table that's my main concern).

If this is standard, it's a PITA to do the alignment, but I have a cunning plan... :wink:

Thanks in advance.

E.

PS: if anyone's got a parts list/exploded diagram, I probably need to replace the plastic thicknesser drive sprocket gears, and would love to know what the part nos are.

Hi, Eric

I did realign my infeed table on my Bestcombi 2000, which ment removing it from the rest of the machine.
It was a longtime ago so I can't quite remember exactly what I did, but I did have to remove which is a nasty tricky job to do on your own. So I guess you will have to get to the other side, I can't see any other reason why I would have had to remove it.

So looks like nuts and bolts.

Pete

Yep nuts and washers on teh back of my combi2000 which uses a lot of teh same parts.

Can scan the parts list if its of use but numbers may be different for the stand alone machine

J

You guys are really kind!

Thanks to Jack's PDF, I can see that there have been a few design changes since mine was made. The thicknesser roller bearings are now twin sleeves (mine are in one piece), and it looks as though the sprockets may be removable too.

The bed arrangements for the infeed/outfeed tables still appear to be four Allen bolts - not good. It means I can't just buy a better part but will have to make some up. My intention is to replace the nuts underneath with flat steel bar with threaded holes in it. There'll be one bar for each side of the table - four altogether, with a notch cut to take the thicknesser raise/lower wheel, That way, you can tighten the beds up just by using an Allen key - no need for a spanner! I'll get onto this ASAP, as there's no point in trying to align it with the present arrangements - way too awkward. It must have been assembled upside down, in order to get the tables aligned!

Thanks everyone. If it works I'll post pictures...

late addition:
In case it is of use to anyone, I have received a pdf of the Kity 439 user manual [80pp] from NMA Agencies. I have also extracted the english bits, and drawings into a Word document [40pp]. Contact me at - john at silin dot co dot uk - if you want these.

Latest posts

Back