Kity 439 infeed roller gubbed?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pike

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all, been a while! I've just got my kity 439 planer/thicknesser out of storage to dimension some rough oak I've had sitting around for a while.

It's been so long I'm practically learning it all again. I've planed one face of all my timber and was ready to thickness it when it seems something isn't quite right.

The thicknesser doesn't take the wood in.

Simple question really, I can't remember, should the rollers be moving when the machine is powered? Or do they somehow engage and start moving once the wood is in? they aren't moving when I just test without wood. I'm wondering if I've snapped something. Don't have the manual anymore either :(

Cheers

Thanks, Yeah sorry I should have mentioned I have it engaged. I did wonder about it and tried again a few times. So the rollers should be moving when the power is on and the lever is engaged? In which case I'd guess from reading around that the belt is snapped. No idea how easy it is to check/fix though.

It may not have snapped, could have stretched or taken on a set if you have left it stored with the lever engaged or simply come off the pully.

Do make sure the lever is fully down not just pushed in

J

You're right Jason. I've taken the side off and its the feed roller belt stretched. Can you shrink them with heat or will I need a new one. It's very stretched.

Anyone know what size belt it is? I've never replaced the belt before I can't find the manual. Cheers.

Whoops I take it back. It's fine. It's just fallen off for some reason. I didn't realise the clutch actually distances the wheels and tightens the belt as you engage. :)

Latest posts

Back