Kity 419

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
what can I say!! I finally managed to find a kity on thursday morning (after phoning round 20 shops and being told 19 times the kity have gone "under"), @ machinemart.

Friday (late afternoon) I took delivery of my new table saw, extension tables and stand. sadly I was unable to find a shop that had the sliding table in stock (still looking).
anyhow, I sat up friday night erecting the saw (until midnight) and have finally managed to find time over the weekend to use it.

First impressions : heavy (for the size) -> which is good, presumably the heavier the saw is, the less vibration you get.
It seems very well made and the quality of materials used seems second-to-none (even the nuts and bolts were high quality, i.e. could be pinched up NICE and tight!)

In use the saw is very quiet, smooth as cotton wool and powerful. I made some test cuts in 3/4" ply, 20mm pine (wet) and some oak. All produced "planed" like results, effotlessly :D

safe to say I`m VERY happy, can`t wait to start getting my teeth into the new kitchen for the house I`m moving into soon!

just a bit sad this seemingly very good company is going up the pan :?

steve

Hi Steven

Congratulations on your new saw. Seems you love it as much as I do mine. Hold out for the sliding table, it's well worth it.

I changed the blade to a 42 TPI Freud Teflpon coated one from machinemart and highly reccomend it as a great 'upgrade' as it gives and even better finish to the cut.

Cheers

Tony

Steve

Glad you've got the saw that you want and that you're pleased with it.

Tony

Tony":1jfue6b5 said:
I changed the blade to a 42 TPI Freud Teflpon coated one from machinemart and highly reccomend it as a great 'upgrade' as it gives and even better finish to the cut.

I am attracted by the Freud as I have a set of their router cutters and they are just excellent. I've put off buying one as I understood that the teflon only lasts through the first two or three times you sharpen the saw? Is this true?

Cheers
Neil

The guy in my local hardware come woodworking store was saying on Saturday that Kity staff were trying for a management buy-out and so keep the company going. Has anyone heard any more about this??

Roy

Newbie_Neil":2uluheav said:
Steve

Glad you've got the saw that you want and that you're pleased with it.

Tony

Tony":2uluheav said:

I am attracted by the Freud as I have a set of their router cutters and they are just excellent. I've put off buying one as I understood that the teflon only lasts through the first two or three times you sharpen the saw? Is this true?

Cheers
Neil

Sharpen??? I just buy a new one when it's blunt :) Last one made it from December to December but then I only do this woodworking for a hobby!

The Teflon does not cover the actual teeth and so I guess it shouldn't be a problem when sharpening

Tony, Tony, Tony

Don't listen to that Dave, just send your used blades to me. :wink: :wink: You know what these people from Sudbury are like, anything for a free saw blade. :eek: :eek:

I will give them a very good home and I promise to bring them lovingly back to life. :D :D

Cheers
Neil

Tony,

That Neil is trying to empty your workshop, I only offered to dispose of your blunt blade - Neil wants you to send all of you blades to him. :shock:

What cheek, I though people from Nottingham were famous for sharing the spoils not hogging them. :lol:

Tony

Trust me, I'm not a politician! :lol: :lol:

This Dave from Sudbury is up to no good. You mark my words. He will just come back again onto this message board and post whilst besmirching my good name and the good name of Nottingham. :cry: :cry:

Much better to cut him off without any saw blades right now. :roll: :roll:

You know it makes sense. :wink: :wink:

Honest Neil

PS Yes, it was station road.

Newbie_Neil":hfcieaj4 said:
Tony

Thank you so much the first batch of blades have arrived safely. :D :D

Once again, many thanks.

Cheers
Neil

My pleasure! I was never really tempted to send 'em to Dave :oops:

Possibly I should take a leaf out of solomons book and send half the next blade to each of you?

Tony,

This half blade, is that what I need to cut stopped grooves? :wink:

Or is it a super thin kerf for minimising the waste when resawing? :lol:

I well it seems my reputation for trying to acquire stuff for free has proceeded me :lol: :shock: :lol:

steven,
I was saving up for a Kity 419 with sliding carriage & extension table & was upset at finding how scarce they were now. I found a site yesterday that had the complete Kity kit as a package. Unfortunately I had followed a link on an Australian woodworking forum then forgot to save the site to my favourites. :(

cheers all!

I finally managed to get all of the stuff I wanted (saw, legs, tables, and sliding table)

eventually I had to email EVERYBODY on the kityuk website registered as a dealer and ask them if they had any stock.

I think i managed to get the last sliding table in the uk!!!! :)

I did email and ring dbkeighley, they have had no stock for a long time!

cheers
steve

dewy:

machinemart still have the saw in stock!! they were the ONLY place i found (presumably because of thier large size and stock levels).

better get one soon, unless you want to wait and risk kity going away forever.

by the way the saw is a DREAM :lol:

cheers
steve

This advert was on friday ad? Any good?

KITTY TABLESAW 419, vgc, hardly used, £250, 01903 609185.

If it's the basic model, after taking the VAT off it's only about £80 less than new.
New ones are still around. It's the sliding carriages & extension tables that are rare.
If that Kity had all the kit then it would be a bargain.

Back