Kity 419

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpolish

Established Member
Reaction score
Please can anybody tell me the cutting capacities of the 419 with sliding tableand extension. I have looked everywere to no avail.
Thanks in advance
Regards Phil

Kity went into liquidation in January after being taken to the Strasburg court by creditors.
They have now been bought by Sheppach and Kity tools should be availible very soon.
NMA are the new distributors.
Stayer, who used to be the distributors, are holding a sale on Friday 6th August at Swancombe in Kent.
I received this reply from KityUK today.
We are sell ing off our stock of kity machines and spares
You are correct NMA will handle Kity in the future
Regards Sales

And this from NMA agencies
Dear Mr XXXX,
I have the 419 saw in stock should receive the accessories this week MTS have some machines on order so if everything goes according to plan they should have them by the end of the week.
Regards

The only information I have been able to find regarding capacity is the maximum cut of 60mm because of its 200mm blade.
Until Kity are readily availible soon, you are unlikely to get the capacities of rip cut width with extensions but there are a number on this forum who use the complete 419 package so should be able to help.
This is something I would like to know as well as I have been praying for a 419 with sliding carriage and extension table since Kity stopped shipments last year.

Hi Dewy,

Hope this is of help.....
The footprint area needed when fitted with sliding carriage and R/H table is 1420x1000mm.
Max rip with R/H table is 730mm
Max crosscut with flipstop on sliding carriage is 940mm
Max crosscut travel through the cut is 590mm (can gain a little more if the blade is lower)

cheers,

Andy

That's a great help to me Andy. Thanks a lot. :D :) :p
It looks as if I will still have to make a panel cutting jig (as at present) for cross cuts in excess of the 590mm. ;)

Dewy":q4mays8z said:
That's a great help to me Andy. Thanks a lot. :D :) :p
It looks as if I will still have to make a panel cutting jig (as at present) for cross cuts in excess of the 590mm. ;)

I think that this refers to the cut through he blade, i.e. before the sliding table falls off it's rail!

I can't really see a panel jig helping here and to be honest I can't see why you would want to try and cut 600+mm sheets on a table saw when a guide and circular saw is much easier.

I have added an outfeed table to my kity 419 which may help with the cuts you mention, especially if the mitre slots extend into it and you make a panel cutting jig

I understand your concern Tony but I already use a panel cutting jig that I made for my small Draper TS and made the guide rail double the jigs depth plus a melamine outfield table to cross cut larger items than the saw was made for. This jig also has a long front edge onto which I can fit an adjustable stop for perfect identical lengths.
With a lifetimes toolmaking under my belt, seeing manufactured jigs then improving on them is a major part of my woodworking which I started at 10.
We had a saying in the workshop "If you want to find the best way to do a job, give it to the laziest man in the shop because he will find how to do the job the easiest way, which will also be the quickest while being accurate"
(he wont want to have to do it again) :lol:
I definitely fell into the 'lazy' category so always got the most complicated jobs to do. ;)

Back