Kity 419 questions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anybody help?

I have removed the extension table from my saw and have put the shorter extrusions onto the saw. These were bought from somebody on the forum (who had no idea whether they were right/wrong etc. I am not looking to go in that direction).

1 profile has a scale on it- and is obviously the one that the fence runs along.

kity profile 1.jpg

the second is different to the first and I have just realised that it is the same profile as the fence is made from- was this correct. If not, it doesn't matter that I can see.

kity profile 2.jpg

In the fence profile, whether as above or as the fence, do the shape of the extrusions have any purpose. There are several channels that look like they should.

Finally a problem. When I align the fence with a handy mitre slot, it is all nice and parallel, from top to bottom. When I tighten it, however, I can see the far end move out of parallel about 2mm and see the difference on the mitre slot.

kity fence.jpg

The picture isnt great, but the end moves from left to right. I cannot see how to stop it, or anything obvious that is pulling it out of square. I should have taken a picture of the underside- it is tightened by a plastic washer with a metal centre- on the extrusion, where I have tightened it a couple of times- this suggests that when it is fully nipped up, the metal is making contact. The kity long fence that I have has an all metal washer and fixing combined. It does the same, ie pull it out of parallel, but if you hold the end as you tighten, it will stay where you want it.

Any ideas? Has anybody had anything similar happen? I am using a short fence from a ts200, but the profiles are identical.

Cheers
Mark

Attachments

• kity profile 1.jpg
    kity profile 1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 60
  • kity profile 2.jpg
    kity profile 2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 60
  • kity fence.jpg
    kity fence.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 78
You should be able to adjust the fence using the two nuts that hold it to the clamp so it is parallel when tightened up.

You use the fence as shown in your last picture for thin wood and when the blade is tilted and near the fence.

For general ripping the tall side faces the blade

J

there is only one bolt on this one and on the longer genuine kity fence I think. I will have a proper look and take a pic though.

Back