Kity 367 very nice condition or triton thicknesser?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stug

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
First timer on here.
Just retired and started to enjoy making a few projects out of wood!
I have seen a Kity 367 that is in great condition, big, old and very heavy. Or do I start with a portable thicknesser and see whether it does what I think I might need using sleds etc.
Head says triton, heart says Kity.
Feels like the Kity would be on free hire if comments on here are anything to go by. Looks like I could easily sell it on for what I might pay for it.

Go with the Kity - assuming its a 637 - as depending on what you make it will probably prove to be more useful over a single function thicknesser.

Definitely the kity, will hold it's value compared to the triton and a lot nicer to work with. Will be a decent European made machine rather than a Chinese disposable item

Kity. The first P/T I used was the 636 at my first school teaching Tech. It was 4 or 5 years old when I turned up and still rattling away 25 years later before being "retired" to a friends garage where I believe it's still going at 40+ years of age.

Colin

Hi all
So just brought home my kity. The guy selling it showed it working, put some wood through the thicknesser etc. Great.
Just got it home, have realised in my eagerness I didn't really watch what he was showing me. So, now, can't get it to run at all, are there micro switches or similar? Can't move the thicknesser plate up or down, trying to wind the wheel either way and can't move it. Obviously me as he showed me it all working fine. I'll get in touch with him again and possibly have to load it back in my van and go and see him but thought you lot might know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks Steve

Back