Kity 2000 best combi machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyman

Reaction score
I have acquired a Kity 2000 machine secondhand, the original owner has had very little use of the machine apart from the planer-jointer and he told me he had never used the thicknesser part of the machine, I gave the entire thicknesser a good clean and lubrication. My problem has arisen when trying to use the thicknesser, it works fine regarding movement rollers, gear cogs etc...and timber will travel through however, the pinch rollers do not seem to be grabbing the timber en-route and The timber sticks along the way I therefore end up dragging the timber out of the machine. Any ideas please on the cause and remedy. Regards Mark

I'm not sure about the thicknesser on your machine, but the 636, which is probably similar, has a lever to engage or disengage the rollers. It's under the planer table - have you checked the position of that ?

Hi thank you for the reply. Yes there is lever which works fine in fact the feeder mechanism does not engage until the handle is flipped to the engage position. I have just ordered a new poly v belt for the table saw motor as it was slipping and ultimately shredded itself. It’s difficult to see inside the machine however, I think the thicknesser feeder rollers are also powered by a v-belt, that my be dodgy also as the timber starts to feed then gets a little jammed. I don’t have any factory maintenance or service information/ manual so will probably start to dismantle the machine to get access to the thicknesser assembly rollers etc. cheers Mark.

Back