Kity 1637 Planer Thicknesser or Axminster CT150 - Help!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I currently have a DeWalt 733 thicknesser and a Rexon 6" jointer (noisy one from B&Q). I have the chance to buy a Kity 1637 for £400 or the Axminster CT150 for £200. I would then sell the spare machines.

Kity £400, DeWalt s/h value £250, Rexon s/h value £75. Net cost £75
----- or -----
Axminster £200, Rexon s/h value £75. Net cost £125.

So the cost difference is negligible.

The space in my cramped shop would benefit from the Kity, but which is the best combination?

This might sound like I'm indecisive - I'm not sure - but I would really appreciate any opinions anyone might be able to offer about the machines.

I used to have a Kity 1637, and before that I had another one. If I needed a planer thicknesser again, I would get another one. £400? Grab it quick!!!!!
John

Thanks for that John.
Did you ever have any problems with the fence not holding its 90 degree position and flexing?

There has been a discussion here about that somewhere.

I've got a Kity P/T too and I've been very happy with it until recently. Actually, it's not the machine that's upset me - his Lordship has piled loads of junk on top of it and now I can't even tell you what model it is :mad: ! Less than a fortnight now until my new workshop is constructed... :)

Don't tell me; I should know what model it is anyway :roll: :oops: . It's just that I'm awful when it comes to remembering stuff like that. Why can't manufacturers give tools and machines proper names instead of codes? What are they trying to do - retain woodworking as the preserve of the male of the species?

Gill

PS I've never had a problem with the fence of my machine holding 90 degrees.

Thanks again,

One of the worries I had was that Kity have gone bust and that spares may be a problem. But this machine comes with 2 spare sets of knives, and I assume that they are reshrpenable. Can't think much else can go wrong with it really.

Anyone any comments on the separate machines against the combined situation?

Thanks for your help - I bought the Kity - delivered on Monday.

Anyone want to buy a DeWalt 733 or a Rexon 6" Jointer??

Woodmaster don't worry about the spares on the Kity because although they have stopped trading someone else has taken over (Scheppach i think). I did hear that they will be/or are producing the machines again.

Good luck with your new toy.

Regards

Woody

Edit, Yes i have just checked and NMA Agencies (Scheppach) are UK agents for Kity

Latest posts

Back