Kitchen worktop height -whats your preference?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinBHM

Established Member
Reaction score
I know that most kitchen manufacturers do this:

720mm base carcase + 150mm plinth = 870mm

so we get to a nominal 910mm with a 40mm worktop

however I have heard that 910 is a bit short for many people and kitchen worktops may be set at say 930mm

I just wondered what the bespoke kitchen makers do these days -do they stick with 720mm carcase height or go a bit taller?

TIA

I work mainly on 735 cabinet and a 135 plinth.
I also do 750 and 125
Occasionally an 780 and 90.

The 720 is standard as fronts of non integrated appliances tend to be 720, wine coolers etc.

If the client wants it higher, thats fine just raise it up. Standard is 900 -910 mainly. Aga's are about 910.

Dr Bob would be best to answer this, though I am not a kitchen builder, I am about to make a new kitchen for my gaff and I will be aiming for around 930/940 for the top surface height. I'm 6ff and find a normal sink a bit of an ache for the small of my back if I am doing a lot of stuff like bread etc. Also I am putting in a belfast sink under the counter and don't want the bottom to be particularly low. Given that the general population in modern times is getting taller, i think it will be inevitable that the average height will slowly increase.

I work mainly on 735 cabinet and a 135 plinth.
I also do 750 and 125
Occasionally an 780 and 90.

The 720 is standard as fronts of non integrated appliances tend to be 720, wine coolers etc.

If the client wants it higher, thats fine just raise it up. Standard is 900 -910 mainly. Aga's are about 910.
many thanks for that -really helpful, I like the idea of a smaller plinth line, food for thought.

Back