Kitchen Transformation WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry the pic's are not of the best quality, I'm trying out a new camara.

A while ago my neighbour (thats the one that does the metalwork) asked me if I could tramsform his kitchen by making new cupboard doors and drawers etc.

Eventually started the job on Thursday and here is the work WIP to date.

The wood is AWO with oak sliced and mitered on the table saw using the Osbourne
IMG_0017.JPG

I made a jig to help with the biscuit slots, this was very handy and saved a lot of time and considering I've got 18 doors to make is a must.

IMG_0018.JPG

When I set the osbourne up I thought I had it perfect, but alas this wasn't the case, only a fraction out, but enough to notice.
The mistake I made here was to cut the stock for 9 doors. All is not lost, a quick tickle on the shooting board with the LN #9 and all is well.
I sshould have paid more attention to the setting up of the osbourne initially, now I'll adjust before I do anymore cutting.

IMG_0019.JPG

Glueing up the first pair of doors, unfortunately I can only do two at a time.

IMG_0026.JPG

Now onto the sanding using the Festool ROS, only did this to 180 grit then finished off to 320 by hand.
IMG_0028.JPG

Here's 3 of the doors ready for varnishing
IMG_0027.JPG

I was very surprized when a car came into the drive and out popped that famous Dorset man who scoures the car boots and always ends up with really nice goodies. In the boot of his car was something that will make my life a bit easier on the sharpening front. Nice to see you Martin, and Chris thanks for carrying it to martin van at the show.
I really kike the freebee from Tormek and the velcro flap is really handy becasue I drink a lot of coffee in the WS.

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

More pic's to come as work progresses.

Waka,
You're storming along! Your neighbour will be well pleased. I look forward to seeing the piccies - when you have sorted out the focus on your new camera ;)

Are the panels solid wood or veneered?

Waka,

Yes very quick work and a nice recovery from your small error.

I am glad Chris commented on the focus, its not my eyes then. There seems to be an odd patterning on some on the pictures, are you reducing the size by an odd amount? It almost looks like an interference pattern type of problem?

looking good , what clamping system are you using there ?

Guys

I'm not sure what the picture problem is, I've decided for future pic's I'll use the trusted pentax.

More WIPby the end of the week.

Excellent work Waka!
Nice to see the #9 getting a workout. And the apron looks surprisingly familiar :lol:
Philly :D

Back