Kitchen project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the kitchen that I have just finnished working on, Painted MDF doors and Louro Preto veneer detailing and granite worktops. Not my design but my interpretation of the designers sketchs.

PB010069.JPG

PB010071.JPG

PB140090.JPG

PB140086.JPG

Attachments

• PB010069.JPG
    PB010069.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 1,499
  • PB010071.JPG
    PB010071.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,478
  • PB140086.JPG
    PB140086.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 1,478
  • PB140090.JPG
    PB140090.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,493
All the carcasing is 18mm MFC all the base units are fitted with drawers only the wall units have shelves so you can't see much of the insides.

Very nice. Just curious did you make the carcasses or buy them in; I'm wondering whether there is much of a cost difference.

DT

Tierney":1rwf0cdt said:
Very nice. Just curious did you make the carcasses or buy them in; I'm wondering whether there is much of a cost difference.

DT
I make my own carcasses, never really explored buying in, they are all different sizes ect and imagine its easier and more flexible just to make them. I always seem to have to adjust something or remake / add too etc so to have some one else make them seems pointless if I still need to be able to produce a one-off at the drop of a hat.

That's really nice Chris. I too like the contrasting timbers. What lighting have you installed? I see you have under unit lights and spots in the ceiling around the lantern. Are these halogens or something a bit more energy efficient?

The lighting is all LED not installed by me I leave that to the electrician, I concentrate on the wood side of things.

Looks really well made and fitted!

Just out of interest, which hardware did you use?

Cheers

Russ

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.
The drawer runners and hinge fittings are from Hafele the Knobs are chrome on brass that the customer sourced.
The "paint is AC lacquer 20% sheen same as the clear lacquer on the Louro Preto.

Absolutely cracking and better than anything I have done.....ever !

There is one thing that bugs me with loads of kitchen designs. If I had the money to have one made I would ensure that the wall units either have a big enough clearance between the ceiling and cornice to allow cleaning or they should touch to avoid a dust trap. I have seen cornices even closer to the ceiling than this one.
I imagine there would be problems with painting the ceiling too.

Just my preference and not a criticism of an excellently executed kitchen

Regards Sue

Thanks Sue, the ceiling is quite high, I think there is about 8 or 9 inches over the top of the cabinets to high to reach usefully but ok to paint. The scale may be deceptive it's a very large room.

Great job you have done there Chris I like the way you have wrapped the carcases to make the doors and draws look like inset rather than overlay look much more classy done that way.

Back