Kitchen Project Complete

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
At last this project is complete, took in total about 10 days and if I say so myself turned out better thab I expected.

The only problem I encountered was that I ran out of AWO and had to make a trip to Yandles to complete the kick boards and the very slim door next to the washing machine. Unfortunately the match is not perfect, but my neighbour is happy to leave it as it is.

Kitchen-Complete-001.jpg

Kitchen-Complete-002.jpg

Kitchen-Complete-003.jpg

Kitchen-Complete-004.jpg

Kitchen-Complete-005.jpg

While I was waiting for glue to dry I thought I'd use a few offcuts and make something for the Tormek to stand on. All you tormek owners will know that when using the Tormek water does tend to go over things. I have solved this problem by lipping the top and inserting a plastic container lid to catch all the water. crude but effective.

Kitchen-Complete-006.jpg

Next job is a couple more cupboards for the WS and some practice on the lathe.

waterhead37":ae9grt4u said:
Great job Waka = one very happy neighbour I guess!

Now about that Tormek - does Martin have to make his own stand when he needs it?

Good point Chris, it'll fit in his van so there shouldn't be a problem, no sense in having two although it might stop him buying tools and actually start using them.

Waka

A very nice job. One happy neighbour I'm sure. Can you tell me please, what finish did you go for on the AWO? Also, are the panels solid or did you use a veneered board?

Looks great !!! Job well done and the added bonus of having the off cuts makes it all worth while eh :D

Lovely job, Waka. It's a good job you live so far away or you'd have to resist my attempts to dragoon you into my kitchen.

Gill

Freetochat":2xh9tokv said:
Can you tell me please, what finish did you go for on the AWO? Also, are the panels solid or did you use a veneered board?

The doors are finished in clear silk varnish, three coats.

The panels are 6mm verneered MDF, I would have liked to have done raised panels (solid) but I had to keep the price down.

Looks great. And I like the Tormek idea as well!

Adam

Waka
I am disappointed to find that the Tormek stand is not motorised with GPS so that it can be programmed to find its way over the hill to me under its own steam! :)
The kitchen ol:turned out well, I promise I won't say what happened with the finish.........
Regards
Martin

Nice work Waka!

I reckon this lot would be wanting £1500-£2000 for that job (based on a quote I had from them a while ago for a similar job)

Cheers

Back