Kitchen pics at last!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coggy":f6hr2s09 said:
How did you make the doors and with what materials ?

Coggy

Sorry Coggy missed it first time... :oops:

The doors are made in 12mm green moisture resistant MDF with the "V" grooves where put into the face with a router, then a 6mm thick MDF strip of about 75mm wide was added around the edge to form the recessed effect. As the overall thickness was 18mm I simply used this for the smaller solid drawers. I then spray painted the whole lot with a cream paint I bought from a local supplier.

It was also the first time I had used a kitchen worktop jig and it was a bit daunting as a wrong cut would have been costly, but I read the instructions twice and then once again and all went well, looks alot better than alloy strips!

Thanks very much, no probs i thought you must have missed it :wink:

How did you fix the 6mm to the 12mm ?

Was this to also give the effect of rails and stiles on the doors?

Thanks again

Jase

coggy":zzvm2us1 said:
Thanks very much, no probs i thought you must have missed it :wink:

How did you fix the 6mm to the 12mm ?

Was this to also give the effect of rails and stiles on the doors?

Thanks again

Jase

I spoke to a local kitchen builder and he let slip that he uses of all things superglue? yeah I thought the same but he uses the type you can buy as a kit with a bottle of glue and a can of activator spray sorry I can't think of the name of it? I tried it and it's great bonds really well just make sure everythings clean first...

Yes by chamfering the edges of the 6mm MDF it gave the impression of rails and stiles on the doors...

Lee

Waka":1i3fe56d said:
GillD":1i3fe56d said:
Well done, Lee. I would love to have a kitchen like that.

Is this a project coming from your new workshop?

Quite possibly. I may well be asking Lee for a few tips in due course ;) .

However, there's a little matter of a scullery wall that needs to come down first, then some ancillary works. This is a project that could rival even a certain music stand for longevitiy.

Gill

I spoke to a local kitchen builder and he let slip that he uses of all things superglue? yeah I thought the same but he uses the type you can buy as a kit with a bottle of glue and a can of activator spray sorry I can't think of the name of it?

Was it Mire fast ? i use that all the time and it's great stuff, not cheap but saves loads of time

Coggy

coggy":2izcdgrm said:
I spoke to a local kitchen builder and he let slip that he uses of all things superglue? yeah I thought the same but he uses the type you can buy as a kit with a bottle of glue and a can of activator spray sorry I can't think of the name of it?

Was it Mire fast ? i use that all the time and it's great stuff, not cheap but saves loads of time

Coggy

Yep Coggy that's the stuff!

Back