kitchen doors prt2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
well, heres the next installment:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/gallery/det ... age_id=267

the beech has all been resawn and is stickered waiting for 8 weeks.

I`m then going to thickness (just until I get a even boards, i.e. not to final size) and grade all the lengths and leave stickered for another 2 weeks (whilst I`m in `merica)

I`ll then machine all stock to final size.

Most boards are well oversized in both thickness and width which should give me plenty of scope for any movement. (I made sure that some of the wider boards are stacked at the bottom i.e. have most weight bearing down to try to discourage movement)

regards

steve

Hang on-was that a holiday drive-by gloat? :shock:
Cheers
Philly :D
p.s. can you bring back a tool for me. Only 1. A Unisaw....... :lol:

Steve,

Busy, busy, an' lookin' good. And yep, that was a definite holiday gloat; presumably a fly drive one... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Philly! It's bad enough Tony's avatar, but the pair of you, one after another?! I'm not sure I can take it. :shock:

me, gloating, never :shock: 8)

if i was going to gloat then I would have mentioned the 3 lengths of beech that I DID`NT resaw which are 40mm x 290 x 2.7m

dead staight, not cupped

I did`nt have the heart to re-saw them, don`t quite know what to use them for, I promised HID an ASH living room so I can`t make a table.......................

I`m sure I`ll find something to make them into 8)

kind regards

steve

p.s. is the piccie size better for people

p.p.s tools back from `merica, veritas stuff is american isn`t it?

Yep, that's a gloat. :roll: Piccy size vunderbar here. Veritas are Canadian (tsk tsk) :roll: . In the States you'll probably want to hunt down the nearest Woodcraft, be prepared to go "Gasp" and have the credit card wrestled from your hand by the LOYL by all accounts. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3cbd0o1b said:
P.S. Philly! It's bad enough Tony's avatar, but the pair of you, one after another?! I'm not sure I can take it. :shock:

Ho ho ho, :D

Adam

Hi Alf

Alf":33k6ugvu said:

Did you notice that Adam has also joined them now?

The consolation you have is that nobody no this board, or in the world, knows more about/has more planes than you. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":2hfaf56n said:
Hi Alf

Alf":2hfaf56n said:

Did you notice that Adam has also joined them now?

The consolation you have is that nobody no this board, or in the world, knows more about/has more planes than you. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

click on image for larger view click on image for larger view

Well, Father Christmas seemed to come a bit early for me this year....Mini-gloat on behalf of Tony as well here, it seems work were auctioning surface plates from the (soon-to-be but now closed) engineering department for the princely sum of £2/each. I decided to buy 2, and when Tony got a sniff of this, encouraged me to get a third. So Tony, your plate is the one on the right! Not that I need either of mine now I've just replaced all my planes, but I thought I'd keep 'em just in case. By the way, I reckon there's at least 5-10 more plates in their, retailing for about that price, so if anyone wants one, send me a PM, I absolutely cannot guarentee you'll get one, I reckon the chances are <10% as all the staff are redundent, so theres nobody left to evaluate my bids, and they are getting really funny about disposal policies and the like. But theres always a chance. As for picking them up, either Surrey/Sussex, or oneo f the woodworking shows.

30974644.jpg

Adam

Adam
Bet the postman was giving himself a hernia when he had to deliver that load!!!!

As to my avatar-well, there was critism of my previous avatar for being boring. So don't blame me (or my Clifti :lol: )
(Personalized avatars-they're the new mobile phone ring-tones you know!)

regards,
Philly :D

Lovely looking collection there Adam

Thanks loads for the surface plate - just need to pick it up now!!

How do you get mrs A to allow the surface plates into the lounge??? Or was she out at the time :p

Cheers

Tony

Tony":1jld0v25 said:
How do you get mrs A to allow the surface plates into the lounge??? Or was she out at the time :p Tony

Mrs A is resigned to it now.:wink::roll: In fact, it was me that carried them in from the car, so it's a sign of an improving back. As for the planes, Mrs A liked them 'cos they are shiny, and looked smart in the boxes :shock: . Oh well. They've moved to the workshop now, just need to move the plates in there. Gotta a mate coming round to use my tablesaw/biscuit jointer tonight, and he gets to carry them all into the workshop. (Doesn't know that yet though! :? )

Adam

Do I get the impression somebody's been shopping? :roll: Nice haul, and fortunately I can go "Got that" about enough of them not to go completely green. :mrgreen: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Wondering how many planes you can get into one avatar... :twisted:

Well, thanks to Adam's and my brother-in-law's generosity, here it is in my garage.

Thanks again Adam. I am one chuffed woodplayer. I can assure you that it will be well used!!!

Surface_plate.jpg

Surface_plate_covered.jpg

Cheers

Tony

Excellent, pleased it found a good home.

Adam

Back