kitchen doors are here, well.... sort of

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
so, bright eyed and bushy tailed I awoke to be soon greeted by a man, in a lorry bearing wood, lots of wood 8)

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/gallery/det ... age_id=265

here starts the tail of the beech kitchen.

After a quick cuppa and a gloat to the neighbours, me and the father starting the resawing process on my startrite.

All was going well until this happened:
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/gallery/det ... age_id=266

it would seem that the kind chap who changed my motor (when we found out it did`nt work) had forgotton to tighten up the belt tensioning bolt *D`OH*

so after only managing to resaw 3 boards, we had to call it a day.

still, slow progress is being made, and yes some of that beech is DAME heavy :shock:

kind regards

steve

Steve, I'm sure the pictures are very interesting but on dial-up they are taking far too long to load. Can you reduce the file size? Something between 50K and 80K is usually OK for web pictures
John

Steve,

I agree with John about the pictures - even on broadband they are slow.

Can you let us know why you opted to resaw thick beech rather than buy thinner stuff that only needs planing? Perhaps it was more economical?

Don't forget that after resawing, a board is likely to cup or bow as a result of releasing stresses in the wood and moisture exchange across the newly sawn faces. Best to leave it a week before cutting/planing to final sizes.

Rotten luck about the bandsaw. I must say you folk with Startrites on this forum are the living proof of why it's best to buy another brand!

I agree with John about the pictures - even on broadband they are slow.

um, perhaps this is one for charley, can you reduce the picture size, or shall I upload new versions????

Can you let us know why you opted to resaw thick beech rather than buy thinner stuff that only needs planing? Perhaps it was more economical?

uuurrrrrmmmmm not sure, this was the way that I bourght the origonal stock that I used to make the prototype, ow and I wanted to find a use for the new bandsaw 8)

Don't forget that after resawing, a board is likely to cup or bow as a result of releasing stresses in the wood and moisture exchange across the newly sawn faces. Best to leave it a week before cutting/planing to final sizes.

I plan on resawing it then leaving it 8-10 weeks stick-stacked in one of the spare bedrooms before I start final-sizing it.

Rotten luck about the bandsaw. I must say you folk with Startrites on this forum are the living proof of why it's best to buy another brand!

.....now thats not really fair is it ? :( its not the saws fault that the dumb techy forgot to tighten up the belt tensioner, I`m not joking the bolt was about to fall out of the saw at any time, it was that loose :shock:

Steve, I'm sure the pictures are very interesting but on dial-up they are taking far too long to load.

oops :oops: thats inexperience for ya, point taken/learnt future piccies will be of a more suitable file size.

regards
steve

just got onto startrite (aka record), guess what the belts are 13 quid EACH

13 quid :shock:

Back