kitchen door hinges that allow drawers behind

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halo Jones

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We are revamping the kitchen and would like to have drawers behind some of the cupboard doors. Normal concealed hinges prevent drawers from opening.

Are there any equivalents of the Ikea UTRUSTA Hinge w b-in damper for kitchen, 153 ° ?

Cheers,

H.

I've just placed an order for all the fittings for the new kitchen including hinges. We will be having drawers in cupboards so this is of interest to say the least.

I've had a look at the zero protrusion hinges, but they are only available for overlay not inset/face frame

Looking at our old overlay kitchen doors, when the door opens the door covers about 12mm of door opening vertically, so I guess these zero protrusion hinges shift the door outwards to avoid this.

Looking at the undermount runners I'm using, there is something close to that in terms of clearance from the side of the cupboard to the drawer side.

I haven't checked out how this impacts face frame cupboards with Blum inset hinges yet. I guess I could always pack out the runner a little to avoid the door. I shall try it out tomorrow as I bought a single pair of hinges before I ordered the lot.

Cheers
Andy

Again no frame but mine just have a 5mm spacer (comes with the runner) to clear the bog standard 110 hinge.

eBay - FGV Plano Drawers - they're soft close, solid and although I've only had them for two years or so absolutely no issues whatsoever.

IMG_2467.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

IMG_2465.jpeg

IMG_2464.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2464.jpeg
    IMG_2464.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_2466.jpeg
    IMG_2466.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_2467.jpeg
    IMG_2467.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2465.jpeg
    IMG_2465.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 326
Depends on how you are doing things but remember despite them being called zero protrusion hinge the body of the hinge still protrudes, it's only the edge of the door that doesn't so you have to plan the drawers so they miss the hinges. DAMHIK #-o

Just got around to hanging the first inset door for the kitchen so made a quick mock up, mainly so I can test the jig I made to place the crucifix holes, they are the normal 37mm in from the front of the cab plus face frame thickness.

Looks like the door projects 28mm into the cabinet, so on the hinge side of the cabinet, I will have to pack the runner out so internal drawer will miss it. The missus is not concerned so I'm happy too. Here's a view from above, the jig worked fine

P1080517.JPG

and here's the jig, just a saddle with holes on the centre line for aligning the hinge vertically and a couple of holes for the centre/pilot drill to follow for mounting the crucifix set back 57mm from the edge as my face frame is 20mm thick.

P1080521.JPG

Cheers
Andy

Attachments

• P1080517.JPG
    P1080517.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 200
  • P1080521.JPG
    P1080521.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 196
Back