Kitchen cupboard style hinges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digizz

Established Member
Reaction score
Following on from my fish tank posts, I'm looking for suitable hinges for the doors to my Aquarium cabinet. I'm thinking kitchen cupboard style (whatever they're called?).

What I need is some data on fixing dimensions (and info on such things as door overlap/overhang etc). I don't want to design and find the hinges wont fit :(

Is there any info on this on the net?

Many thanks as always :) ,

Paul.

Hi Paul
The concealed type are usually called Blum hinges, although many manufacturers make them, not just Blum. My local timberyard sells them (a Jewson subsidiary) and you can get them from the likes of Woodfit and Hafele, who also have datasheets on them.

Cheers
Steve, who has just screwed up his website, and may well be howling here for help ere long...

Before you buy the hinges you will need to decide whether the doors will be overlaid (as in a modern kitchen, completely in front of the cabinet) or inset. Reason is, the hinges are different, inset hinges have a cranked arm.
www.blum.co.uk
John

If you want overlaid hinges, cheapest source that I have found is Ikea who sell 130 degree Blum Clip-on hinges for £2 a pair.

Does anyone know of a cheaper source?

Regards

David

Isaac Lord do a bewildering range of these... from the little I explored I reckon they're bound to have the right hinge for the application. Data c/w hole sizes and centres too... real nice info in pdf format...

Back