Kitchen carcases

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes sense to me and will do to anyone in the know about kitchens.

Regarding the edging, most cheaper carcases will have thin melamine edging which can get chipped off the front of the carcase/shelf. Better quality ones will have 2mm ABS with a radius to the edges which if far less likely to catch but not really an option for home fitting as you need a glue pot edger.

Don't know what you are using to cut the boards but the faced MDF does tend to chip out less than chipboard, think of using both, the MFC for the carcase where the break out won't show and MF MDF for shelves and vertical dividers where both sides of the cut show.

J

well I have made my decision units will be MR MDF and painted i will probably edge the shelves in hardwood Steve they are the only bits that will need the harder edge Face frame will do the bottom edge

the paint job can always be repaired in the future if it wears I used this method a couple of years ago on a kitchen for my daughter it seem to have stood up well so far

Link my-first-kitchen-t46764.html

Thank you.
And I did not intend to hijack the thread, so apologies if it came over that way. It was meant to be a relevant contribution to the subject under discussion.

S

Steve Maskery":28i1jbkv said:
Thank you.
And I did not intend to hijack the thread, so apologies if it came over that way. It was meant to be a relevant contribution to the subject under discussion.

S

Thanks for joining in steve I also am looking to create a kitchen which stands the test of time

What In frame means is that the door hangs in the frame. Flush with the outside of the frame.
The other way is the door hangs outside the carcass and closes up against the carcass edge.
Box hung we call it but I'm sure there is another term for it.
Hope this helps Greg.

frameframeless2.26115832.jpg

Latest posts

Back