Kitchen Cabinet paint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not any more sadly

They abandoned it on 3rd September 2018, from which point no more pensioner Diamond Cards were issued. The B and Q bean counters must have seen the ever rising number of baby boom pensioners was going to actually cost them some profit. After all Kingfisher (who own BandQ and Screwfix) might have to give some of their 764 million profit back to older customers.

Craig

Last edited:
They abandoned it on 3rd September 2018, from which point no more pensioner Diamond Cards were issued. The B and Q bean counters must have seen the ever rising number of baby boom pensioners was going to actually cost them some profit. After all Kingfisher (who own BandQ and Screwfix) might have to give some of their 764 million profit back to older customers.

Craig
Probably due to age discrimination legislation. It has a lot to answer for! Before I retired in my last role I used to move the long standing workers when they reached a certain age, and with their consent to easier less manually demanding roles, with the same pay. Age discrimination came in and the youngsters all wanted to equally do the ‘easier’ work. We lost a number of people due to it as they couldn’t do the heavier work when they were in the mid 60’s, and there was nothing I could do about it. The union’s empathised, but stuck up for the rights of all members, they were also caught out.

Back