Kitched worktop finish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyfxr

Established Member
Reaction score
I have benn over this before but this is anew twist.
I have sanded back our kitchen worktops and used Osmo top oil, gives a beautiful smooth finish. When i had done this I didn't like the finish against the wall so i decided to to use some Colron finishing wax injected from a large syringe and then smoothed with a finger (as in sealing silicon around a bath)is Colron finishing wa

My question is, is Colron finishing wax safe with regard to food preparation, though i have only used it around the sink area as this is where most water splashes occur. I have been to Colron and Ronseal's site but can find Coshh as to it's make up.

Unless you're lining quaiches or babies bottles or something with the stuff, I would put it in perspective. How much contact will it have with food? A touch, maybe, once in a while? There needs to be laws in commercial premises, but I wouldn't get paranoid about it - most of us have ingested far worse at one time or another.

blackrodd":2u2qeq1v said:
If this is the right wax, On this link, is a COSHH LEAFLET, and its not good, I read, when first applied.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/colron-refine ... 325g/37077
Regards Rodders

It will be fine.
Coshh assessments are something I do al the while.
The warnings are pretty much saying if you get a tablespoon full of the stuff and eat it or smear it into your eyes then these are the hazards. What hazards it has are mainly the solvents which will quickly evaporate anyway.

As phil p says get it into perspective

lurker":24kzqrxs said:
blackrodd":24kzqrxs said:
If this is the right wax, On this link, is a COSHH LEAFLET, and its not good, I read, when first applied.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/colron-refine ... 325g/37077
Regards Rodders

It will be fine.
Coshh assessments are something I do al the while.
The warnings are pretty much saying if you get a tablespoon full of the stuff and eat it or smear it into your eyes then these are the hazards. What hazards it has are mainly the solvents which will quickly evaporate anyway.

As phil p says get it into perspective
Exactly, as I said, "not good When first applied"
Rodders

I have only done around the sink area as this is where most water drips occur.
after I made this post I found an email address, I sent sn enquiry and gotvs wuick reply back. They said to use a Ronseal interior wax.
I will try this in a small area to see if it has the same results as the Colron finishing wax, which is excellent by the way. I wont be licking the worktop in that area though lol.

Back