Kingshott tools stolen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hello,

I received the message below from Jim Kingshott's grandson. I have posted it to four sites in the US. It was suggested that I post it here as well.

Respectfully,
Russ Allen

Dear Sir,

I was hoping that you could please keep an eye open, and also let anyone
in the trade know that a large selection of japanese chisels, saws and
planes as well as a set of Robert Sorby Bevel Edged Chisels, a handmade
Chariot plane, block planes, Clifton Spokeshaves, Western saws mainly
Disston and the old style Roberts and Lee, they will have a stamp on
them saying KINGSHOTT or R.J.KINGSHOTT if you do come into contact with
anything with those stamps on them I would be most grateful if you could
let me know as a large selection of my tools and inherited ones where
stolen on the 7th January out of my tool chest they were taken in the
mahogany drawer units from inside the chest so these may also come up.

I am willing to pay for the return of any that come up. These will be
very unusual due to the Kingshott stamp, and high quality of the tools.
I would be most grateful due as these are tools I built up with the help
of my Grandfather and have great meaning as well as the use I had with him.

Many thanks
Allan Kingshott
(Grandson of Jim Kingshott)

What a damn shame.
I really hope they do show up somewhere, and the purchaser has the good nature to reunite them with their owner.

That stinks. Thanks for letting us know, Russ, and welcome to the forum, albeit for such an unhappy task. Let's hope the Kingshott name is "hot" enough to get them found, but not so hot that they just get dumped. :?

Cheers, Alf

Many thanks to Russ for the initial intro into this site and his help.

The extra information that people may be looking for:

the tools were stored on a business site in a lockup unit whilst i built a workshop at home. This was based on the Wiltshire/Dorset borders in the UK.

Luckily at the moment it just seems to be all my tools and half the insides of my chest (a copy of Jims), unfortunately alot of these were either made or given to me by Jim, like the small chariot plane and mitre plane in the Making and Modifying tools book.
All of my saws and Jims Saws are missing, including handmade Japanese ones, as for power tools well they are replaceable so no worry there.
I have alerted Pennyfarthing tools in Salisbury and will be off to local car boots today. But if anyone does hear of anything please mail me.

Again thanks for all the support on this very hard thing to deal with.
Allan Kingshott

Welcome to the forum, Allan.

In addition to PFT there are a few more dealers listed here that I think it might be worth alerting. Particularly Gerry Dawson at Second Hand Tools as he's been advertising for hand tools on AdTrader and the like and is currently the most "visible" to the uninitiated. The other obvious place is Ebay, but others on here frequent the 'Bay regularly so there's a good chance of sucess if they turn up there. Finger's crossed they'll turn up safe and sound.

Cheers, Alf

Back