King tut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
We went round the Tutankhamen exhibition yesterday, was surprised to see that a good 50% of the artefacts were wood including whole chests. Stuff lasted for longer than I imagined.

Was the exhibition good? Planning to go next week as long as CV doesn't shut things down.

Also went around fen church st sky garden, excellent and free. Well worth visiting if you are down that way.
I was wondering if our very own George (when I'm cleaning winders) Formby with ropes, squeegee s there.

Rorschach":257oe5ea said:
Was the exhibition good? Planning to go next week as long as CV doesn't shut things down.

The wife wanted to go, I wasn't that keen, but in the event I enjoyed it.
Was very quiet yesterday, as was most of London .

Isn't there some sort of curse? Involving a disease? Is now a good time to go visiting a vindictive demi-god?

Just askin'...

That was a one time deal, once its gone its gone.

I've seen his tomb. pretty damn posh. A lot better than the plaques for my mum and dad that are a couple of rows over, so he did well out of it.

This thread triggered a memory.

Years ago there was a humorous magazine called Punch which had been going for over a century and it used to have a cartoon caption competition whereby they published one of the old cartoons without a caption and readers were invited to come up with one.

One cartoon showed an Edwardian gentleman, resplendent in safari suit and pith helmet looking a bit annoyed as he stood in an Egyptian temple. A lady was rushing in in a flustered state and she was speaking.

The winning caption was, "I'm sorry I'm late. I thought you said Tooting Common".

Steve Maskery":1ch3ksds said:
Holy Sarcophagi!
Pete, if that is what came to mind when you read this thread, there is something seriously wrong with you.

You know my brain isn't like most peoples.

Pete

Back