King KC10-RC table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beetleboy

Reaction score
I have just purchased one of the above which runs off 115 V (60 Hz) and the wiring diagram on the inside of the terminal cover appears to suggest that it can be wired for 230 V, my question is has anyone come across this and changed it or indeed has anyone fitted a UK spec motor in place of the Rexon one fitted and if so can they let me have the details please. Any other thoughts regarding the motor would be appreciated. I don't particularly want to run it long term of 230/110 transformer.

I have just purchased one of the above which runs off 115 V (60 Hz) and the wiring diagram on the inside of the terminal cover appears to suggest that it can be wired for 230 V, my question is has anyone come across this and changed it or indeed has anyone fitted a UK spec motor in place of the Rexon one fitted and if so can they let me have the details please. Any other thoughts regarding the motor would be appreciated. I don't particularly want to run it long term of 230/110 transformer.
Pic of the plate, terminals and terminal cover would be handy.

I would look at replacing the motor. Even if you could get the existing one to run on the UK 240v system, at 50Hz the motor wont be as powerful/less RPM if its rated at 60Hz.

If its one of those saws where the motor hangs out the back that would need a foot mount rather than a flange mount, something 1.5hp-2hp would probably do.

Pic of the plate, terminals and terminal cover would be handy.
16508275175878450463058648803925.jpg

Back