kinetic cherub

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
hi last night I found a pattern of a kinetic cherub by Alex fox, never tried this before , so found enough scrap pieces of 3 mm plywood lying around got the pattern cut out, stuck on, and ready to cut, I am now off to start it will post when complete either working or scrap.

take care
John

look forward to seeing it, yesterday I bought some 6mm plywood from a Home Hardware store in Newton Stewart they are a Scottish franchise so not sure if they have them in England? anyway it was 3 sheets 4ft x 2ft for £21.00 which i thought was alright and the quality is pretty good but while i was looking i noticed they had some 3mm plywood and that also looked pretty good, next time i go i will buy some 3mm and what its like cut but if its anything like the 6mm i have been buying for year there it will be good.
Cheers
Brian

thanks Brian the nearest one to me is hawick and super bad parking, I will give them a ring and see if they do plywood as it seems to on;y a small store.

thank again
John

whereabouts are you John? I got married at Kelso so know the Borders pretty well (know most of Scotland thanks to touring on my bikes etc) been to Hawick loads of times had a nice curry there once until it was spoilt by some yuppies taking the mickey out of a local lad who got up and decked them lol)

Hi Brian we live in Newcastleton Scottish borders the most remote village in the whole of the UK, no matter which way one goes its 25 miles to the nearest large town Hawick being a large town north, Carlisle south, Dumfries west and East a town on the 69 I have forgotten the name of. been in the area going on 17 years now, wish we had come here years ago.

take care
John

hi all got the cherub gears and all finished cutting tonight and did a bit of a dry assembly, only to find I have no 3 mm dowel so went on amazon and ordered some only to find they are coming from wing wang land and wont be here till July sometime.

I have been following a couple of scroll saw sites on Facebook , and there are some fantastic patterns on there for free, i got one by a man called botas helder -he has loads on there -, of and angel so started that one and I have to start forward planning to make shepherds crooks for next years highland show, it can take up 2 months to cut and shape a water buffalo's horn ,that 's to get it to somewhere near show standard, thumb sticks are much quicker, so will have to do a mixture,

take care
John

Back