Kindle gone U/S

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droogs

Not the Sharpest Moderator in the box
Reaction score
My kindle has just stopped working. It powers up and I get my library screen come up as normal but when I try to select anything on the screen, nothing happens. I can't select anything at all just able to power up and power down using the button on the bottom.
Has anyone else had this happen and is it repairable or is it to use the technical term F*****?

which model is it, they all have a slightly different reset process.
most require you hold the power button down for something like 20-30 seconds, it will reset, take a a while to rebuild the library then hopefully all be good again.
I've had it a few times on both of mine :)

google the model number, there will be several fixes.
If its not that old and cant be rebooted, have a moan at amazon. My wifes went brick shaped last year, and after a seriously angry email exchange she got a good discount off a new one.

Excellent.
I smashed the screen on one of mine (repaired it with parts of ebay, never again), whilst away with work and having a 12 hour flight to look forward too, not sure how I survived it. They really are a wonderful bit of tech and I can't really live without mine (it goes everywhere with me pretty much), so I feel your pain when it stops working for what ever reason.

We had a similar problem with my wife's kindle a couple of weeks ago. I held the power button for about a minute and hay presto, normal work was resumed.

Well, perhaps nab a new one today - its on offer as part of Prime Day - and dont open it.

If you manage to fix your old one, return the unopened new one.

If you can't fix it, at least you got a new one at discount.

I love my kindle...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

sammy.se":12m7ypmn said:
Well, perhaps nab a new one today - its on offer as part of Prime Day - and dont open it.

If you manage to fix your old one, return the unopened new one.

If you can't fix it, at least you got a new one at discount.

I love my kindle...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I ordered a basic kindle fire for £30 yesterday through the Amazon Prime Day, absolute bargain.

many thanks guys, I do have to admit that it has become apparent after these events that I have subconciously become rather dependent and attached to this little slab. Amazing really when I think how long I resisted the other half's pleas for me to stop filling the house with bloody books and get one. Appears on this occasion she was right.

:)

I think the oldest book on my shelves is a French treatise on fortifications dated 1650.
I might not understand the language, but the pictures are good, and even after 370 years or so its still instant access.

lovely, but would you pack it in your bag for a long distance flight?
what about if your wandering down to the village to sit with a cuppa and watch the world go by?

Books are amazing, they deserve to be kept save and treated with respect, but the kindle is something else, it's a chance to enjoy what isn't always available in a package the size of an a5 note book and enjoy it over and over again without having to take up valuable resources and space.

don't be a detracted because "paper is just better" be a lover because "papers is just better, but this way I keep it for special books and occasions"

I have certain things that are in paper, they are sealed in air tight containers and hidden out of sunlight, most of them I have in digital format too, so I can enjoy them.

Back