Kickback

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: Yup, but you got to agree...he kinda makes the point in a way that is unarguable :shock:

Yes, if that doesnt get the point across nothing will :shock:
Dont think I'll be trying it anytime soon though :lol:

A couple of decades back I was employed at a DIY store that also had wood stocked for construction purposes. In the spring, we in the stockroom end of the place had little seasonal jobs to do. One of these jobs was to make wooden stakes for gardening , layout of projects and whatever you might want to pound wood into the ground for. I am not MENSA material , but this was truly stupid , so I did outdoor work to avoid it. You see , when they made stakes they take a piece of 2 by 2 material and shove it into the naked blade of the tablesaw at an angle. Fast, easy , pointy sticks were the result. I won't say they were cheap because of the huge breakage suffered at the ejection end of the process. After watching this go on for a full season I was quite pleased to be layed off the next winter.

I'm still pondering whether he is a very brave guy or a complete and utter moron.....

I am leaning towards moron with brave inclinations...at the moment!

If I were even considering deliberately trying to create a kickback incident...which I'm not....I think I might have taken a few more precautions during my demonstration like maybe a false hand or something...one of those crash dummy models...anything.

He is one lucky man to still have his fingers. :roll:

Jim

Well I've done a similar demonstration to show the effects of kickback, but I used a MUCH larger workpiece to do it!
He is one lucky bloke. Brave, not just to do it, but then to show the world, too.
S

Proper silly person if you ask me, good on him for showing it to alert/ inform others, but proper silly person all the same. I was flinching when he started to make the cut :cry:

_Dan.

And he clearly demonstrates why I won't use that type of push block if they came gold plated.

Roy.

Yikes :shock: :shock: Nearly a video nasty.

Ironic that in his altruistic attempt to save the fingers of others, he came darn near to losing his own!

Personally, I don't understand this 'guards & riving knives get in the way' thing. If they're 'in the way' it means that the sawbench is the wrong machine for the task and you need to think of another way of doing it.

Oops. Sorry about that last post. Don't let your three year old hold the iPad whilst you fix his Lego Darth Vader...

Si.

Attachments

• kickback.jpg
    kickback.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 46
oh my pineapple

I need to change my shorts just watching it

what A guy - I think he's saved my fingers bless him

blimey

knappers":72bf1ymv said:
Oops. Sorry about that last post. Don't let your three year old hold the iPad whilst you fix his Lego Darth Vader...

Si.

I think your son said more than any of us could have...so eloquently put!!

I have now decided that guy is a complete and utter...Zzzzxdffassaszssq

May I also formally request "Zzzzxdffassaszssq" replace "pineapple" in the Saxon English checker on the UKW! :mrgreen:

Jim

Back