KICKBACK, OUCH THAT HURT!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Woody,
sorry it has taken till now to send you my best wishes but I have only just seen your post. Hope you get better soon, I do not know what part of the country you live in but I am sure that many of the good people on here will go along with saying if you need any help or transport just give a shout and if I cannot get to you to help I am sure someone else closer will come to your aid.

All the best,

Rosco ( Chris ).

Alf wrote:

Jeeze, Woody, sounds like you were a human kebab! :shock: Any reason for not using the bandsaw for the job? Just curious.

Alf no not really, the bandsaw had been set up to do some resaw work, but i could have easy sorted this out. I just wanted to knock the corners off to make less work on the lathe and the table saw was the nearest. I wished i had used it now because if it had kicked back (which i doubt) there would have been much less damage.

Rosco wrote:

Hope you get better soon, i do not know what part of the country you live in but i am sure that many of the good people on here will go along with saying if you need any help or transport just give a short and if i cannot get to you to help i am sure someone else closer will come to your aid.

Wow Chris what can i say except thankyou very much for the offer, but i do not really want to lay about anymore then i have to, and that means getting back in the workshop as soon as possible. Orders to fill clients to see, you know the score.
I would be back in there today if i had my way but SWMBO has (she says) orders from the doctor at the hospital to keep me off my feet at least until the stitches are taken out. The trouble is the longer i sit/lay in the one position, the more it hurts when i do move. I am a bit of a lily when it comes to pain.
Chris, do not think that i do not appreciate the offer because i really do. The same can also be said for the messages that all the other members have left, it has really surprised me how many of you there are. Thanks

Another offer of help came knocking on my door this morning in the form of Dawns dad. For those of you that do not know, Dawn is the one and only employee that i have, and she is worth her weight in gold.
Her dad had popped around to offer his help until i got back on my feet again, and i gratefully accepted it for a day or two.

Once again my thanks to you all.

Regards

Woody

Woody

May I add my warm wishes for your speedy recovery. If you have a lot of bruising then I can thoroughly recommend Arnica - a homoepathic treatment and readily available in the high street. You can also get Arnica cream.

Roger

Yikes, sorry to hear about your injury Woody and I hope you are back up and about soon. I second Roger's suggestions of using arnica cream to speed up the clearing of the bruises, but you have to be careful when applying it to deep bruises so that you don't inadvertantly add to the bruise by massaging the cream in too hard. I think you can get arnica tablets too, but I haven't tried those myself as I have generally preferred to tackle the bruise directly.

Woody
Sorry to hear 'bout your injury. Hope that you heal ASAP. Kinda reminds how plain lucky we are .............most of the time.

Hi All, just an update to let you know that the stitches are gone and i am back to the grindstone.

This accident :oops: :oops: could have been prevented if i had not been chatting away while using one of the most dangerous machines in the shop, and if object had entered a few inches in one direction or the other, the outcome could have been much worse. So guys and girls do be careful.

Regards

Woody

I hope you heal quickly.

There is a show on US TV called "Tools and Techniques" whose host managed a nicely ignored kickback while making a height gauge.

His face was off-camera when the cutoff shot back, but where he was standing, the angle was such that he probably caught the 5-6"x1/2X1 inch piece right in the fly or thereabouts :)

The next scene was almost without break, and man, his eyes were big as saucers! He never mentioned the kickback though.

Glad it was only a gash in your side! It'd be a shame to have the... ahem... "necessities" tacked to the wall with a splinter!

Back