Keto diet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NHS gives a good common sense guide with no hidden agenda’s
Had a look at that.
All very sensible.
According to their BMI calculator I am a healthy weight.

But surely it's not as simple as that?
I have skinny arms and legs while carrying excess weight around my middle,

No, it's not as simple as that. BMI is a blunt instrument at best. You can delve into other measures that take account of various measurements such as waist, neck, biceps and thighs. But really, common sense is enough: if you are fat around the middle then you are unhealthy and need to deal with it with exercise and further dietary improvement. It's not difficult but does take willpower.

In the last six or seven weeks or so I have continued with my health programme, which though not keto is quite low carb. In this time I have lost a further 5kg, but it included a stomach operation which restricted calorie input severely for about 3 weeks. In my case it's obvious that I need to do more exercise, but that is hampered by post op recovery.

Woop e do

Down 200 grams this morning

Week 1 80 kg
Week 2 79.1 kg
week 3 79.2 kg
week 4 79 kg.

Since I'm only eating two meals per day I may be over compensating.

Eating a little less at each meal may be the way to go.

In the last six or seven weeks or so I have continued with my health programme, which though not keto is quite low carb

For decades the message has been ”low fat” diet - but fat is not the big problem, carbs are. The Western diet is full of potato, pasta, white rice, white bread and too much sugar.

Ive changed from white rice to brown - it takes a bit of getting used to, but now I prefer it.

Oats are a great source of dietary fibre - I try and have porridge most days, miles better than toast of cornflakes.

Week 1 80 kg
Week 2 79.1 kg
week 3 79.2 kg
week 4 79 kg.
week 5 78.3 kg
week 6 77,7 kg
week 7 77.9 kg

This week I introduced approximately 20 mins per day of anabolic exercise.
I anticipated this would help.
The results differ. :(

Week 1 80 kg
Week 2 79.1 kg
week 3 79.2 kg
week 4 79 kg.
week 5 78.3 kg
week 6 77,7 kg
week 7 77.9 kg

This week I introduced approximately 20 mins per day of anabolic exercise.
I anticipated this would help.
The results differ. :(

Go to the bathroom and check again. 😉 Or tell yourself it is muscle mass from the exercise. 🤣

Pete

Week 1 80 kg
Week 2 79.1 kg
week 3 79.2 kg
week 4 79 kg.
week 5 78.3 kg
week 6 77,7 kg
week 7 77.9 kg
week 8 77.5 kg

If I could keep that up I'd be happy.

Week 1 80 kg
Week 2 79.1 kg
week 3 79.2 kg
week 4 79 kg.
week 5 78.3 kg
week 6 77,7 kg
week 7 77.9 kg
week 8 77.5 kg
week 9 76.9 kg

Getting quite consistent now.
My waist is now 30mm less than when I started, 980mm down to 950.

Week 1 80 kg
Week 2 79.1 kg
week 3 79.2 kg
week 4 79 kg.
week 5 78.3 kg
week 6 77,7 kg
week 7 77.9 kg
week 8 77.5 kg
week 9 76.9 kg
week 10 76.4 kg

I must say I'm not disappointed with my progress but it has dawned on me that It's not sustainable.
Correct me if my math is wrong.

My waist this morning is 940mm a reduction of 40mm from when I started.
My weight is 76.4, down from 80kg, a reduction of 3.6 kg.

Each 10mm reduction of girth corresponded to roughly 900 grams

Lets set a target of 850mm waist,

If I calculate properly this would require a weight loss of 8.1 kg, leaving me at 68.3 kg, 150.25 llbs or 10 stone 10

Too light I think for someone 1.88m tall.

So unless someone has a better idea I intend to add some lean protein into my diet next week while continuing to exercise and see what happens.

BMI suggests that 80kg is the "ideal weight" for a height of 1.88. Although BMI is pretty useless for most people, it does give you a vague idea of what to aim for. I am the same height as you, and the last time I weighed under 70kg was when I was about 10 years old. A while ago I spent a summer on a hardcore diet and exercise regime and got down to 82kg; everyone kept asking if I was undergoing chemotherapy. These days I aim for 92 as being my "ideal" weight, but I am still shedding my Christmas excesses, so a bit over that currently.

Happy easter all - I'll be doing mine next Sunday (Orthodox Christians use a different calendar) - it will involve an entire sheep on a spit, so no dieting allowed. Meat free for the Big Week run up to Easter Sunday, so I may lose some weight this week, but bread is allowed so perhaps not...

I'm 180 cm. I weigh 74kg. Hardly ever changes. I eat what I like, when I like. I prefer grazing throughout the day and smaller meal sizes at meal times. I love chocolate. And beer. Wine with supper. I don't exercise.

Maybe my genes are the 'right' ones ?

I'm 180 cm. I weigh 74kg. Hardly ever changes. I eat what I like, when I like. I prefer grazing throughout the day and smaller meal sizes at meal times. I love chocolate. And beer. Wine with supper. I don't exercise.

Maybe my genes are the 'right' ones ?
I was like that when younger.

I can only think in inches for waist size

I crept up to 36" waist, now about 34" but need to get to 32"

used to be 30" until I turned 40!!

Back