Kenwood Chef motor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregmcateer

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning, good people of knowledgeable-land.

I have my gran's old kenwood chef A701A (the white one with blue accents). I think it's about 45 to 50 years old.

Mrs said it went bang and sparked.

Quick question - anyone know if its worth repairing and if so, anyone know of a firm that eg rewinds motors for domestic appliances? (Preferably in West Midlands)
Many thanks
Greg

Ebay - is your best bet or put a wanted ad on Gumtree or Friday ad both free and you might pick one up. Ask for the entire machine - accessories not needed - not just ask for the motor.

There is and they will upgrade the motor as well if you want. Trouble is I can’t remember their name!

I’ll have a look.

Thanks Geoff. I hope you find it, but don't get old trying - I just hate to chuck it out - many happy memories of the noisy beast in gran's (and mum's) kitchens

More than likely it's not the motor, but the circuit board that sits on the top of the motor. The capacitors dry out after time and usually result in smoking and a flash as they give up. I've repaired 3 so far - some dealers sell a kit for a small sum ( THIS ONE is £13.99). Might be worth doing before you splash out £60 on a motor.

Thanks Geoff. I hope you find it, but don't get old trying - I just hate to chuck it out - many happy memories of the noisy beast in gran's (and mum's) kitchens
Ha ha, too late for getting old ;)

I had exactly the same situation with our Kenwood that we got as a wedding present (very old). In the end we didn't go ahead for no other reason than we got over the nostalgia! But here are the details anyway:

http://www.kenwoodchefrestore.co.uk

Weirdly, hadto repair my own grans Kenwood recently. Again had a large bang, just a capacitor from the ark blowing apart! Got kitof them and resistors off ebay for tenner, some easy soldering and ready for the next 50 years.
20220614_134000.jpg

Cheers, KtL, which place did you get the parts from?
TIA
Greg

From eBay, sellers id was dunkuk. Arrived quickly, was actually £9.15. Your model may be different to my grans, so do double check please! He has kits for other models:
Cheers, KtL, which place did you get the parts from?
TIA
Greg

Last edited:
Back