Kempton Park Woodworking Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I'm intending to go. Haven't been to a show like this before. When they say 'show deals' are these really deals, in that they're cheaper than through their normal channels?

I'm guessing the first day would be the best day to go?

Cheers

Howard

tbh honest i am manly going because it's the first local one thats come up (and that i've been to)

I'll be there on the Saturday

I've had the DM Tools event bookmarked for ages, but when I downloaded the current events calendar document from the Kempton Park site, it's not listed.

I checked with DM Tools to see if it's still on and they said that they'd "had the leaflets printed."

Another call to Kempton Park confirmed that it IS still on, so I'll go on the Friday.

Ray.

It's good. I can recommend Alan Holtham for the wood turning, gives you lots of confidence. I only go for the demos these days (as you always get a good couple of hints and tips), buts its worth the drive.

Adam

I might try this event next year as a alternative to Tools 2006.

The reason being that there is certainly more variety of manufactures/importers than what Axminster are drumming up at the moment. :(

P.S. and its free entrance and car park, :wink:

maybe i'll try to get the Friday off work...

Well I have the friday booked of so I hope to be there.
I have not been to this one before, will Terry (Chestnut) be there? If not the idea of meeting at the Brimarc stand at 12 noon seems a good one.

DaveL":1dlgtolk said:
Well I have the friday booked of so I hope to be there.
I have not been to this one before, will Terry (Chestnut) be there? If not the idea of meeting at the Brimarc stand at 12 noon seems a good one.

Dave there is a cafe in front of the stands that is open for most events at Kempton Park.
Will you be in the clogs?

Barry Burgess":29b42dc1 said:
Dave there is a cafe in front of the stands that is open for most events at Kempton Park.
Will you be in the clogs?

Barry,

Regrouping to the Cafe sounds like a good idea.

Wearing clogs, why of course. \:D/

Last year I went to Axminster and Kempton Park. This year it's no contest - I will only go to Kempton. Reasons?

Wide selection of all the main brands (Axminsters increasing deathly white and disappearing brands is getting tiresome)

The best selection of machines I have seen at any shows recently - the manufacturers stands we big and had lots of items I hadn't seen before

Really good lectures and demos - particularly Alan Holtham

Some belting deals - especially on Trend and Record Power last year (ouch-credit card still in shock)

but mostly - FREE entry and plenty of FREE parking

To be honest I'm sick of all these shows where they have the gall to charge entry and sometimes parking as well to see less and less products each year with less and less manufacturers (note Axminster, Ally Pally, Stoneleigh etc).

Even Woodmex - which is the big professional show every 2 years at the NEC is free entry and parking and a guy on the NMA stand told me they pay 2/3rds for space there than at Stoneleigh and Ally Pally, which charge entry! How can that be right?

Sorry rant over

Scratchy

Haven't been before, but I am this year.....and armed with a debit card!

Will be going on the Friday....hopefully get the chance to meet some of you :)

Cheers

Howard

can't get the Friday off work so it's the Sunday for me :?

There is usually a cafe in front of the grand stand at other events that I have been to there. I will be there on Friday.

Back