Kembang Semangkok - Bullseye window

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerM

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope, I'd never heard of it either, but I need a stock size bullseye window, and I've traced some down with a diameter of 595mm, inc bead, for £50 + VAT delivered, which seems a pretty good price. They tell me that Kembang Semangkok, or KSK for short, is an oak substitute and I've done a bit of Googling and it seems kosher. I'll be staining it to match iroko windows treated with light oak Sikkens. Anyone come across this stuff before?

No idea - but I'm after one of that sort of size, so would be grateful for details of the supplier. For £50+vat, ain't worth me messing about.

Cheers

Dibs

Dibs - I've ordered it from here. Apparantly KSK is an oak substitute. The bullseye they sell from stock is 595mm dia and directly glazed i.e. no opening sash, and can take a 24mm sealed unit. I've been quoted £50 + VAT inc bead and delivery which seems very reasonable.

Just received my bullseye window made from Kembang Semangkok and it's quite reasonable for the money. £60 inc VAT and delivery for a 595mm window, unglazed but including bead.

P1030508.JPG

Here it is after 2 coats of Sikkens Cetol TSI Satin Plus.

P1030515.JPG

Back