Keith Smith and his Rennie Mackintosh Wardrobes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Has anyone read the article by Keith Smith, one of our members, in The Woodworker?

I have only had a chance to glance at it, but I could immediately see that Keith really has captured the Mackintosh style.

Well done Keith.

Cheers
Neil

Oo-er, no, I haven't but I will!
I'm JUST starting a CRM wardrobe myself, to go with the bed and bedside tables in GW a few months back. I'm making a mould to press the curved doors. I hope to have all 4 doors pressed to shape before I go to ICELAND on HOLIDAY for a WHOLE WEEK on Friday. :D

Cheers
Steve
(excited but not looking forward to paying £8 a pint for beer.....)

Steve, Iceland eh? You've no idea how tempting it is to ask you "Why not Tesco?"... :wink:

Neil, not seen that yet, no. Come to think of it, I haven't seen The Woodworker for a while now. Maybe time to have another look at it.

Cheers, Alf

Newbie_Neil":x2m2koq4 said:
Hi all

Has anyone read the article by Keith Smith, one of our members, in The Woodworker?

I have only had a chance to glance at it, but I could immediately see that Keith really has captured the Mackintosh style.

Well done Keith.

Cheers
Neil
What issue is that in?
I bought the July one yesterday & can't see it and the August issue is due out on Friday 18th.
Maybe it's my Keith blocker working. :lol:

I'll have to make a point of not getting it then.
I know Keith too well. roflmao :twisted: :lol:

Alf
Cheers, you are Number 47. :lol:
And counting.

Keith
Any chance of you posting a piccy on here?

Cheers
Steve

(who is going on holiday to Iceland, or did I already mention that?)

Steve Maskery":2nzdftu0 said:
Keith
Any chance of you posting a piccy on here?

Cheers
Steve
You want a photo of Keith?
I stuck one on my front door. It keeps double glazing salesmen away. :lol: :twisted:

Just put the URL for the pic then highlight it & click the IMG tag Keith.
Thats how I linked my signature on the Novoserve forum :lol:

I suppose you will have to be guided step by step if you haven't got a photographer and makeup artist present. hehe
1) upload the pic to an online storage site. Photobucket is quick & easy http://photobucket.com/ but remember to register 1st.
2) The photo URL is shown in 3 ways. The bottom already has the image tags on it so just copy/paste that in.

BEFORE taking the photo make sure the makeup artist is well paid for an hour or two. :twisted: :lol:

Hi Keith

This question came up a couple of months ago about posting pictures. There was a surprising number of us that didn't seem to have a clue, with I think me, being the most clueless, :oops: although I expect that honour would have to be fought for. Anyway Asleitch ( Adam ) came to the rescue and posted a very good guide. For me anyway, this ended my major problems and I expect it will go some way to solving yours. Try this link and keep your fingers crossed.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1458

If you get any problems scream for Asleitch :lol: as he does seem to be a nice bloke and I know he hasn't got anything better to do at the moment as his body has gone on strike on account of a dispute with his back. :roll: And of course the best bit is he does seem to know what he is doing with this modern technology. :D

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing some pics

John

I'm here to answer all you picture related problems. If the worst comes to the worst, you can even email the pictures to me, and I'll give you the bit of text you need to put in your posts to make the pictures appear!

Adam

I don't know if this will work but here goes

mackintosh_wardrobe.jpg

I think this may be a bigger picture than I anticipated :roll:

"Yes your right Keith", talking to myself

OK, What have I done wrong?

Hi Keith

Well you seemed to sort that out pretty quick.
I can even see this without my glasses.
Mind you the wardrobes look nice. I think its time I investigated this MDF. I also like the look of the chair.

Thanks for sharing

John

KeithS":2km2mbse said:
I don't know if this will work but here goes
I think this may be a bigger picture than I anticipated :roll:
"Yes your right Keith", talking to myself
OK, What have I done wrong?

You've probably taken the photo on maximum resolution on the camera e.g.
1593 x 1197 pixels

To make it a little more comfotable to see, a lower resolution is normally more appropriate - e.g. 800 x 600 or similar.

To change the resoltion, you need to open the image in some kind of image editing program - microsoft image composer - or photoeditor - and somewhere in the tool bar should be "change size" then click the apporpriate buttons e.g. reduce by 40% or make 800 pixels wide etc. Resave and respost. Bingo!

alternatively, you can often take picture on a digital camera at a lower resolution, or if you are scanning them in from a photograph, you can tell you scanner program to use a lower resolution.

Adam

Latest posts

Back