Keith Smith and his Rennie Mackintosh Wardrobes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent, mate, and, thankfully, not at all like the one I'm currently making!
Did you make the chair too?
Cheers
Steve

(I've packed my bags, I'm ready to go, do-be-do-be-do...)

Steve (the happy wanderer :wink: )yes, the chair is a scale model about 2/3 size, so that it is in the same proportions to the wardrobe, as the original. You can just see the picture on the wall which is The Hill House in Glasgow.

Everything is mortise and tenoned (about 120 of them); I'd just got a new mortiser, so had to try it out.

Adam, I have to use a high resolution on the camera for the magazine to use the pictures. From reading the Photobucket intro I thought that it would automatically resize but obviously not. I'll resize before sending next time.

Yes Keith, excellent work, especially the chair.
New morticer eh? If you have the time or the inclination any chance of a quick review of it. Just a thought.

Rgds

Noel

Thanks for all the replies, wait until tomorrow when you realise you have liked something in MDF. :shock:

Chris, I've seen the photo's of your chair and was very impressed. I think if I'm going to use these wardrobes as my avatar I should reduce the size first. :D

Noel, the mortiser is a Multico PM16 so I don't know if anyone would be interested in a review :?:

Keith,

A PM16? A proper morticer, yes, a reveiw if you have the time.

Rgds

Noel

Hi Keith

Yeah I second Noel. I do like to see reviews on these tools. :)

Hi Noel
Thanks for that. I never knew that the PM stood for proper mortiser before. :wink:
You learn something every day. :shock:

All the best

John

Ha....Very good....

Rgds

Noel, who finds it hard to think laterally or on any other axis.

Drat. Can't see the pic, not even with a direct link. :( How can I be suitably scathing about MDF is I can't see it? :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf

Alf":5dd8ac06 said:
Drat. Can't see the pic, not even with a direct link. :(

It was there last night guv, in all it's glory.

Alf":5dd8ac06 said:
How can I be suitably scathing about MDF is I can't see it? :wink: Cheers, Alf

Even when you can see it you will have a real problem. :wink:

Keith has done such a good job capturing the CRM rose that it will take your breath away. :roll: (Poetic licence) OK, so I'm impressed.

We, the LOML and I, are very big fans of CRM and of Keith's work.

Cheers
Neil

I can't see the pic either but a CRM style Hill House chair is on my list of projects at some point. Keith, are the plans for this available somewhere or did you make it from pictures.

Andrew

Sorry about that, the picture is back and much smaller. Photobucket went offline, seems some silly person sent them a giganitic picture of a wardrobe. :lol:

Andrew I made the chair from a photo, the LOML tells me I designed it on the back of an envelope so never kept any details.

Cor, they don't look MDF-y at all. :shock: I like the art nouveau moulded motif wotsit; very stylish. Nice job, Keith. Bet they're heavy though!

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf

Alf":26fz5q05 said:
I like the art nouveau moulded motif wotsit

Aaaaaaaarrrrgggghhh. The art nouveau moulded motif wotsit is the CRM rose. Designed by his wife, Margaret Macdonald.

I'm now going to have to go back to my bed and lie down. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Hey, it's a small picture... :p I dunno, pardon me for not reading a biography before posting, I'm sure. :roll: :wink: At least I went with art nouveau, not art deco /Arts and Crafts/that squiggly shape. Be thankful for small mercies. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. If she designed it, it ain't the CRM rose then, is it? Typical. I feel a nasty attack of rolling my eyes and going "Men!" coming on, so I'd better go - quickly! :shock:

Figures. :roll:

Hey, you slipped into quadruple figures when I wasn't looking. :D Just think, you could be on 1500 if only you remembered to log in... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Back