Keeping router sitched on.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhannah

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought myself a new 1500W router at the weekend, and like most I've seen, the power switch has to be held in during use.

There's no way of toggling it on, so that it can be used in a table.

What's the best way of keeping it on?
I trited to use a small G clamp, but the vibration from the machine eventually makes it fall off.

Thanks,
Mark.

Some router manufacturers supply a device that keeps the switch pressed down. Of course some electric tape will do the job just as good :)

I've got a bosch 1300 in the router table and I keep the trigger and side safety button on using a jubilee clip and then the router and hoover dust extractor are switched by a no-volt release switch mounted on the table

Thanks for the replies chaps!
I think a jubilee clip wil do the job nicley!

Thanks,
Mark.

I use a clothes peg for my small router and a spring clamp for the big un, I've not had the problem with vibration...but the jubilee clip sounds good !

Bean

Yeah...the jubillee clip does the job perfectly!
My only argument against it is that it takes a while to attach and it marks the nice rubberised router grips!

Mark.

A piece of velcro ribbon works best. Easy on, easy off. Of course I can never find mine, so a cable tie does the job. EU regs....

Rgds

Noel

mhannah":1qypjbt0 said:
Yeah...the jubillee clip does the job perfectly!
My only argument against it is that it takes a while to attach and it marks the nice rubberised router grips!

Mark.

Perhaps the application of an elastic band before the jubilee clip might help?

Yours

Gill

Gill,

Do you work nightshift or is it just insomnia? I notice many of your posts are made when honest folk are mostly asleep! I guess in your case marquetry is pretty quiet so you may be woodworking at 2 in the morning - I know my neighbours wood object to the kind of noises my woodworking usually makes!

Hi Chris

I often have disturbed nights and as a result I'm around when everyone else is asleep. Marquetry is quiet, so night time is an ideal opportunity for me to be productive.

Yours

Gill

Back