kapex ks120

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

was in axminster and started looking at mitre saws

i have a Electra kgs 310 and it is ok but

does anyone have the festool ?

is it as good as it looks?

tool fetish to the extreme me thinks

I was just offered one at a very good price but it was 240v all my stuff is 110v. It was new at a dealer who has stopped selling festool.

I have one. Used to use (still have, somewhere) the smaller Leccy Beccy but the dust collection was non-existent. Someone I know was selling up and going travelling, so I took the Kapex off his hands; nice saw, decent dust collection, and very lightweight for the size and capacity - that's important to me because I run around building stuff in people's houses. If that isn't important and you're looking for an essentially static SCMS for workshop use, then I think there are now alternatives from other brands that match the Kapex for accuracy and build - not sure about dust collection though, and the little touches (dual lasers, the angle finder) make it a pleasure to use.

Having said that, I wouldn't have bought one if it hadn't been priced right - I just don't use a mitre saw enough to justify the cost if bought new.

HTH Pete

@ chippy1970 - who was the dealer Chris? Any other bargains going?? ;)

I might pop in there in the morning to see what's left. The kapex is 719 plus vat it's in the window you cant miss it

Thames valley tool hire Egham high st

Had one for about a year now. Very impressive bit of kit. Accurate, very clean cut edge, good extraction.

I got it when Axminster first started discounting Festool prices and I had a 10% discount voucher as well so the price was down well below £900 inc VAT.

Latest posts

Back