Justifying Boy Toys

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
If for some reason you are forced to brave the temptations of 'The Toolpost' then leave yourself a few minutes to explore the odd justification for putting up with the ordeal.
Having put off for some time the replacement of my original Axminster Cole Jaw Buttons, (rubbers are getting past their best and some £6 a pop! ) I came away with a set of One Way models dressed in cute little black numbers at a somewhat more reasonable outlay.
DSCN3833L.JPG
they will prove a useful addition to my home grown selection as they come with longer bolts that won't be wasted for my extra spacer options.
A general browse around the 'spares' selection of the various offerings inevitably turns up a few must-haves that can be found a home, and lets face it you would only have spent the money on postage if you hadn't called in.

Oh and if it should be somewhere around lunch time, the Plough Inn in Long Whittenham about 4 miles up the road won't see you leaving for home hungry.

Another associated tip, cut thread Stainless Steel socket screws (screwfix) as opposed to rolled thread versions often supplied with buttons, have cleaner starting threads that are less prone to getting cross threaded when moving about and certainly cheap enough to throw in the bin as soon as the sockets get out of kilter.

Attachments

• DSCN3833L.JPG
    DSCN3833L.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,396
do they have a proper walk around shop or is it more on line with the option to collect please

Proper walk-around shop about 15 minutes away from you in Didcot, just underneath the cooling towers. Crammed with stuff and Peter is really helpful and a nice chap.

Was in there yesterday.

stuart c":33y1hovo said:
looks like thats my day off on monday sorted thank you :D

If you intend to have any other days off in the foreseeable future make sure you only take limited funds or the Bank Manager with you.
I only ever take the Turning Piggy Bank and the associated Fund Manager with me to get some sort of grip on things.

i walked through the door and immediately knew what a rabbit stuck in head lights felt like jaw hitting the floor and then the dribbling began i want one of those and that and this then that one over there some of these what are those do i need them maybe oh look shiny things sharp things dark things light things wet things hard things soft things grinding things rubbing and polishing things reading things watching things
this has to be put on the map for a wood turners pilgrimage
i came to my senses and remembered im just new to this hobby so took a deep sad breath and just bought some polish but as this is on my door step i will be back.
for those travelling some distance yes it is very much worth the journey

Back