Just to pip Alf to the post

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, that's so unfair. Three weeks :shock: I've had to sit on a photo of that blessed plane and not show anyone, and then you go and beat me to it. I may cry. And some blighter beat me to a good deal in the local paper this morning too. Humph. I shall cry, so there. :p :cry:

It's very, erm, knobbly isn't it? :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Even I think it's pretty iffy in the looks department - but I'll still buy one as I love the small version and find the handles and finger holes really useful :wink:

A really good review by Tony may just stop me having nightmares in which all my planes sprout ugly excrescences that grow hairs..

Alf, Sorry lass but a man's gotta do what a man's..

Not pretty, perhaps, but it looks... purposeful. Okay, I think it looks very attractive. At least, I'm very attracted to it.

Another one for my wish-list :roll: :lol: .

Alf":1qytojaq said:
Gee, that's so unfair. Three weeks :shock: I've had to sit on a photo of that blessed plane and not show anyone, and then you go and beat me to it. I may cry. And some blighter beat me to a good deal in the local paper this morning too. Humph. I shall cry, so there. :p :cry:

It's very, erm, knobbly isn't it? :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Makes a good avatar too....:)

Cheers -

Rob

Rob

Is there any discount for owners of the supremely gorgeous and perfectly formed small shoulder plane?

no?

I promise I'll review it :)

Tony":3lbyit5y said:
Rob

Is there any discount for owners of the supremely gorgeous and perfectly formed small shoulder plane?

no?

I promise I'll review it :)

Tony -

You can't fool me.... you just called it "iffy" not but a few posts ago...!

Actually - there's already an offer out for testing, but maybe she'd let you try it....

Cheers!

Rob
(insert evil grin here!)

Rob Lee":3eds781g said:
Actually - there's already an offer out for testing, but maybe she'd let you try it....
Ooo, this could be fun... :twisted: Dunno why it comes to mind, but I thought I might just mention I prefer chocolates to flowers but diamonds will always be a girl's best friend (preferably extra-coarse)... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf said: but diamonds will always be a girl's best friend (preferably extra-coarse)... :lol:

especially when they are set in a sharpening stone :D

as a relative new-comer to shoulder planes, I canna help wondering why it's only recently that a manufacturer has given any thought to ergonomics... I mean face it, these things aren't exactly the easiest things to get to grips with. That said, I reckon there's still room for improvement... personally I'd prefer to see a larger radius on the top edges to ensure that my tendons aren't gonna get pulverized..

Rob..... yer a toe-rag...
how the hell do I justify buying a 2nd shoulder plane in identical size and width as my 73, even IF it's a bit of a lightweight. ;P~

ever thought about making a range in metric sizes..??

Rob Lee":3bx01q7z said:
You can't fool me.... you just called it "iffy" not but a few posts ago...!

No Rob. You have mistakenly confused the slang expression we have in the Midlands area of England. 'Iffy', when used to describe the appearance of a superbly engineered and crafted piece of art or engineering, actually means beautiful to behold! No, really it does. Honest.

To be honest though I really like the look of the plane itself but I definitely prefer the brass knob on the medium shoulder plane. I think the walnut? knobs on the large one don't really 'fit' and somehow detract from the looks rather than adding to them as on the medium.

I'm sure I am alone in this view though (see other posts where my tastes in planes were 'questioned' :wink: ) as I also strongly dislike the appearance of infill planes, which I guess is some form of hereresy for which I expect to be damned for all eternity :roll:

If the large cuts like the medium and is of the same quality (I know it does and is) then my order will be placed :wink:

I don't, although they did grow on me a bit. But you're not alone in thinking the knobs on its bigger brother look, ah, "iffy"... Not my opinion, mind. I'm reserving judgement. I've learnt me lesson... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Back