Just saying Hello.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliver

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm Sliver from West Yorkshire, UK. Just want to say hello to you all & tell you I'm a woodworking novice in comparison to what I've seen of some of the projects placed on this site. However, I do hope I can learn from you all. 8)

Hi Sliver and welcome from a newbie as well.

Whereabouts are you in West Yorkshire? I lived up near Haworth for a couple of years doing contract work and had a great time.

Roger

Hello Sliver, and welcome to the forums 8)

Adam

Roger Sinden":1aaz3arh said:
Hi Sliver and welcome from a newbie as well.
405 posts?! Newbie? :roll:

Welcome, Sliver. Pull up a saw horse; don't ask Philly if cast iron is a good idea, whether Tony's made any good jigs lately or wonder if I can advise you on a hand plane purchase and you'll at least survive the first week... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Sliver

Welcome to the forum.

One word of advice; stay away from the slope cos it'll make you broke.

You all know who you are.

Hi again, & thank you all for making me feel so welcome with your comments. Where in W. Yorks? Castleford to be precise. I am at present having a re-fit of my workshop. It may take a bit of time & may turn into a complete re-BUILD!! I was just offered a sectional garage for free so it looks like I'm busy for the foreseeable future. So I'll either be missing from this site altogether.........or... on every two minutes shouting.............Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :lol: :lol:

hey silver, welcome aboard me harty

oh no, I seemed to of sliped back into international speak like a pirate day again.

Signal

Sig
I miss Pirate Day-is there one again this year?
And TX, no-one has forgotten! :lol: :wink:
Cheers
Cap'n Phil 8)

OK Philly, what tune is this then?

Tiddley-tum, Tiddley-tum,
Te-tum, Te-tum,Te-tum,Te-tumty,
Te-tum, Te-tum,Te-tum,Te-tumty,
Te-tum, Te-tum,Te-tum,
Te-tum, Te-tum,Te-tum,Te-tumty, tum, tum, tumty,
Tumty, Tumty, Tumty, Tumty,
Tiddley-tum, Tiddley-tum, Tiddley-tum, Tiddley-tum,
Tum, Tum, Tum!

Anyone would think I have nothng to do on a Wednesday morning,

BTW, Welcome Sliver. And don't mention the D-word.

Cheers
Steve

You know, I'm beginning to question my decision to join this site. But then, I always thunk I was a little crazy meself.

As for "speak like a pirate day", well, I suppose woodworkers have a right to say, "Shiver me timbers" don't they??

Cheers,

Sliver (me timbers).

Back