Just found

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phill05

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone come across one of these before Eclipse 44 multi tool: has blades for 4 scribbling blades, 5 cutting blade, 1 sawing double side for wood, 1 single side blade for metal, slotting and slitting, found it in a tool box it looks unused all the blades still have grease on and pack away within the handle.

44_2.jpg

44_3.jpg

44_1.jpg

Info here: Vintage Eclipse 44 Multiple Tool. Made in England. on blade part numbers. Might help in searching.
Many thanks for the link, It looks like it was supplied with only one of each blade so looks like I have about four life times in it, when I first came across it I just thought it was a Stanley knife until I read what it could do on the handle, it was together with an all metal Stanley bevel gauge, I'll take an image tomorrow of that one.
I have been using the knife today and it is so cool to use being able to set the blade at different angles it just feels comfortable to use.
I will be using the saw blade tonight so looking forward to seeing how that feels.

Edit: spelling

If you don't think of the cutting blades as disposable and keep sharpening, your supply will last for along time.
My brother laughed at me when I mentioned sharpening Stanley knife blades, said they were only pennies but I got into the habit of doing it when I helped a neighbour who was a carpet fitter and who carried a small stone all the time, it was quicker to give the blade a few strokes than fiddle around changing the blade,,
Steve.

Well it looks like these are not like throw away knife blades they are really hardened, a file just skates over the back so the cutting edge must be same.

I tried the wood saw last night and it would be good for cutting dovetails, short cut but handles perfect, and now I have an image of the Stanley sliding bevel that was with it, lovely bit of kit.

Stan_1.jpg

pat'd 7-14-08 making it quite old It has a very faint name A.R.Dow

Back