Just a thought

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
What do you call your workshop? Is it just popping in the workshop-shed -garage??? I know Gill calls hers the Bunker, Mine is called The Dugout, don't ask me why. My dad's was The Retreat, Just a Thought!!!!!
:D :D :D :D

Alan.

Ah, but The Bunker is not only my workplace, it's also a continuation of a concept from a (now practically defunct) woodworking forum. Whenever someone on that forum made a comment that was meant in good humour but could easily be misinterpreted, they would declare that they were off to take cover in The Bunker. It prevented a lot of falling out. Since I was the one who seemed to make most use of The Bunker, I gradually became its custodian :oops: . It seemed only natural to me that when I finally got my own dedicated workspace, it should be christened The Bunker 8) .

There were one or two quaint idiosyncrasies of that forum which I quite miss. How could anyone forget Greta Fowl and her Dried Frog Pills? Still, the absence of Ms Fowl does mean that this forum doesn't have quite the propensity to drift off-topic. Unbelievable as it may seem, this forum is very disciplined by comparison.

Gill

Hello ducky!

I though we'd all passed by the pastie event horizon over here, but obviously not :roll: . Soon we'll be reopening the heated argument over pasties vs. oggies again. :shock: Arghh!!!

I think I'll just go and lie down in a darkened sack and take some DFPs......

Scrit

Gill":1mk26f0t said:
Since I was the one who seemed to make most use of The Bunker, I gradually became its custodian :oops: .
I hear nasty rumours of a remodel. You're not going to lose that happy combination of grey steel amd institutional green on the walls, I hope? Like the Crimbo decs, btw. The Santa hats on the steel helmets add a lovely festive touch. :ho2

Gill":1mk26f0t said:
There were one or two quaint idiosyncrasies of that forum which I quite miss. How could anyone forget Greta Fowl and her Dried Frog Pills?
Difficult, isn't it? But one tries...

To get back on topic (that'll never catch on) mine's called The Workshop, unless TPTB are feeling a tad catty, when it becomes The Shed. My Dad's will remain the Garage until he gets over this silly idea of actually parking the car in it. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Mine is lovingly know by the better half as the troll hole as when I'm in there theres lots of noise and grumbling and the best was to lower the grumbling is to bring out a cup of tea and some hob'nobs

I call mine the inner sanctum, it doesnt matter how many times I keep correcting the wife she still insist on calling it the garage, although it hasn't had a car in for over 5 years and it never will.

To me its my WS but it often gets called the garage by others which is strange because you couldn't get even a small car in there, when will they ever learn.

Alf":2s6r15kl said:
I hear nasty rumours of a remodel. You're not going to lose that happy combination of grey steel amd institutional green on the walls, I hope? Like the Crimbo decs, btw. The Santa hats on the steel helmets add a lovely festive touch. :ho2

Fear not. The glorious colour scheme's remaining coz I've still got gallons of paint left over after the last remodel. However, another couple of bunks will have to be installed because of the way this forum is expanding. They'll be foldable so as to maximise the available floor space when not in use. Honestly, at times it's a bit like playing 'sardines' in there.

I'm also hoping to replace the Porta-Potty with something a bit more sophisticated, but due to the lack of drainage that'll probably never happen. At least the air conditioning's still working, so we've got ventilation.

I'm pleased you like the festive touches, Alf. I'm hoping that this Christmas all the occupants of The Bunker will be able to get out for a couple of hours and kick a ball with the occupants of a German woodworking bunker which is only a couple of fields away.

:deer

Gill

srs":10f05fle said:
Mine is lovingly know by the better half as the troll hole as when I'm in there theres lots of noise and grumbling and the best was to lower the grumbling is to bring out a cup of tea and some hob'nobs

:lol: :lol: :lol: - gets my vote as the funniest so far

Mine is just "the shed" , "the workshop" or "dad's outside again,as usual"

Andrew

Gill":1i2o7lny said:
I'm hoping that this Christmas all the occupants of The Bunker will be able to get out for a couple of hours and kick a ball with the occupants of a German woodworking bunker which is only a couple of fields away.
Ooo, I thought we'd have to wait until the World Cup. I'll get the oranges...

Cheers, Alf

gill about that air conditioning has the wind blew the roof of this shed as well :shock: :shock: :D :D :wink:

frank

Frank, you can really go off people, you know [-( . As a punishment, you'll have to bring your own choccy bickys next time you use the bunker.

;)

Gill

yis miss can i bring the cadburys chocolate dijestive to dunk in my tea and let the chocolate melt and float on the top :) :)
ps will i need my big warm coat and gloves :shock:

frank who will sit in the corner nice and quite .

Mine, even in its unfinished state is The Howf. I inherited the name because thats what I painted on the door of my father's shed years ago and when he sadly passed away a few years ago I got the shed which is an integral part of the bigger workshop I have now. So now there has been two generations of "Andra's footerin down in the howf" :lol:

Drew

Back