Just a thought - why don't we have a workshop build forum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wouldchuk

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems that this forum - because of the catch-all title, and perhaps because the majority of people like me don't actually really produce enough proper projects to post new threads/photos, but this forum seems increasingly to be about workshop builds.

This is absolutely not a criticism of that - I'm all for people sharing their builds and seeking advice so they can build the best workshop - but it does mean that this section of the forum is not really about projects the majority of the time.

Just a thought - but couldn't workshop builds be separated out? It may also make it easier for people searching for advice on builds to be able to limit their search to that particular forum.

Tim

Ps and maybe i need to step up to the plate a bit and be a bit braver (and more organised in taking pictures) and get some actual projects documented and posted for other's interest and enjoyment (and learning from my mistakes!)

****Pops tin hat on.....wishes he'd asked which sharpening system....****

Is there any point - I would think most people search by clicking on "view unread posts" which is not forum specific.

I don't think there's enough traffic in this board that workshop builds are drowning out everything else - there simply isn't much else.

BugBear

AJB Temple":391b52ra said:
Is there any point - I would think most people search by clicking on "view unread posts" which is not forum specific.

It is not how everyone reads the forum - particularly if you use the web version. In find that view fairly inefficient to look through as you have to scroll through stuff from categories you aren't interested.

Wouldchuk":2bde7376 said:
Mods? Would this be possible? You only need to look at the current threads on there - 80% workshop build topics.

Possible yes, probable no.
There are 256 plus pages of threads which would have to be manually gone through and moved one at a time.
I agree that the catch all title is a little random but thats the way it is and only admin can change that.
A revamp and sort out of the forum is overdue, but again its down to admin who don't seem to have the time to do anything major, so we'll have to keep it as it is at the moment till free time and will prevails.

just ignore the 20% that doesn't interest you. :wink:

Back