Just a friendly "hello"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LancsRick

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd say hello in here since I've joined for the turning. Not long moved into my first house and I've nearly reached that wonderous point when the garage stops being a base of operations for renovations and instead becomes what it should be, a wood workshop!

I've rescued a rather abused Coronet Major from a leaky shed in Wales, and have spent the last couple of days restoring it back to its former glory. It's all up and running now, I just need to fix a sheared thread on the tailstock and then get some blanks!!

It's been many years since I turned so I expect there will be lots of questions being posted once I'm at it again...

Welcome Rick, please post some picture of that Coronet restoration

Good morning and Happy New Year. I've also just joined (although I've been lurking for a while) and I'm finding the forum very useful. Welcome Rick, happy turning.

Welcome, too.
Probably quite a few of the "more mature" turners on the forum will have memories of the old round bed Coronet kit. Possibly the most space-efficient woodworking machinery ever, though not perhaps the most convenient. And built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

Back