Jubilee/hose clips

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazmaniandevil

Established Member
Reaction score
I have made several chucks since owning my lathe, many of them contraction type. I bought a box of Jubilee clips from the big orange car shop which are, quite frankly, rubbish. The worm screw seems to disintegrate as soon as the clip is tightened meaning they are use once then throw away.
Do folks here have any preferred suppliers for good quality Jubilee/hose clips?

I got some from Axminster that have handles rather than the screw. You squeeze them to fit over the pipe then relase to grip and they work really well. Think they're called Quick release clips.

I don't think that the spring clips would put enough pressure on a pinch chuck Jen?

I was very lucky in that a very good friend gave me a set of box wood pinch chucks with brass/bronze rings that you tap along the tapered chuck to tighten them. They are over 100 years old and I love using them.

I have some of those squeeze ones for my 100mm dust hoses but I am not sure you would want the squeezy handles spinning at 1000rpm on a chuck even if they did have enough grip (they are surprisingly strong)

Latest posts

Back