Joke

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smudger":2j8j5c6k said:
"The Irish are not a race"

Weasel words.

The Irish half of me is offended. Good enough?

You're calling me a weasel? Hmmmm.

Smudger":2e6qf1ma said:

Weasel words.

The Irish half of me is not offended. And, from what i've seen, you're the only person who seems to think this is a problem Dick (apart from the recently departed Mike G).

You can question me all you want, that's not a problem.
When I did that elsewhere you deleted my posts, whilst leaving a very unpleasant insult aimed at me to stand.

But you have on several instances described Irish jokes as racist, have you not?
Yes I have. They are. They make fun, in a rather unfully way, of an identifiable national or ethnic group.

Where's the insult that you refer to?
I find your comments about me sneering.

What business do I not understand?
Your own business as a moderator. Which is to follow and uphold the rules of the forum.

And where have I said these Irish jokes are against the rules?
In this very post. They are technically against the rules - no such thing as 'technically' against the rules, they are actually against the rules.

You consider the telling of Irish jokes against the rules because you think of them as racist jibes, is that correct?
Yes.

I stated in an older thread that technically Irish jokes are racist.
Thank you.
But I've thought about this (and learnt a bit from an earlier post on this thread) and realised that technically speaking the Irish are not a race, simply a nation, and a damn good one too. One that has humour and can laugh about ourselves.
Weasel words. Means nothing. I'm amazed you use an excuse like this and expect any intelligent person to swallow it.

I look forward to your reply.
I look forward to you taking being a moderator seriously.

studders":2jt8v9oi said:
matt":2jt8v9oi said:
Nope. Not even racist (unless, of course, it could currently be contrived as a slur on Australians - but even that would be a stretch). 1751 times now...

Oh, sorry - bye Lurker.

Hmmmm????? is it any 'ist' at all?

Yeah, Bye Lurker

Sizeist, maybe.

Karl":2jt8v9oi said:
You've got two registered user names????

Nope.

Karl":h83m8s0v said:
Smudger":h83m8s0v said:

Weasel words.

The Irish half of me is not offended. And, from what i've seen, you're the only person who seems to think this is a problem Dick (apart from the recently departed Mike G).

How many does it take? 5? 50?

The post is against the rules of this forum. That is enough, surely?

Or where do you stop? Like on the other place, where a South African posts terrible anti-Black rants under the heading of jokes?

Noel":2wsnsv7p said:
Smudger":2wsnsv7p said:

Weasel words.

You're calling me a weasel? Hmmmm.

No. If you read a bit you'd know what weasel words are. Don't try that one, apart from anything else it looks dumb.

Some weasel words may also have the effect of softening the force of a potentially loaded or otherwise controversial statement through some form of understatement,
The expression weasel word derives from the egg-eating habits of weasels. An egg that a weasel has sucked will look intact to the casual observer, while actually being empty.

Smudger":3us50sbz said:
No. If you read a bit you'd know what weasel words are. Don't try that one, apart from anything else it looks dumb.

Another assumption?
I read a lot and I don't know what it is supposed to mean, Maybe I'm just dumb too?

Smudger":17yojaop said:
Karl":17yojaop said:
Smudger":17yojaop said:

Weasel words.

How many does it take? 5? 50?

The post is against the rules of this forum. That is enough, surely?

Or where do you stop? Like on the other place, where a South African posts terrible anti-Black rants under the heading of jokes?

I cannot believe that this is still going on, and I cannot believe I am getting involved after the rubbish that Ray and I were blamed of last time. Dick if a thread in anyway states that there are jokes within why don't you just ignore it and pass onto the next one. That way your sensitive nature cannot be offended.

Cheers

Mike

studders":2fad3rgg said:
There was this Bloke.... (a) not sure what nationality he was, or what race or colour as I didn't actually see him, I was told about him by another, third party.

Where was I ??? oh yeah...

There was this Bloke (a) right,
and he went into a Pub..... (b) not sure where the Pub was or even what Country it was in. Might not even have been a Pub at all.

So anyway...

There was this unknown Bloke (a) who went into an unknown Pub (b)
"Hello" said the Landlord (c) it might not have been Hello, it may have been some other greeting, in a different language entirely. I guess it just depends on where this Pub is exactly.
But, back to the joke.

There was this bloke (a) who went into a Pub (b)
"Hello" (c) said the Landlord (d) No details about the Landlord are available to me at this time.. ,
So to recap..

There was this unknown bloke (a)
Who went into an as yet unknown Pub (b)
"Hello" said the Landlord , about who we know nothing at this time.
"What can I get you?" (please bear point c in mind here)
"I'd like a large one please" said the bloke (a with c applicable) to the Landlord (d)
"Wouldn't we All? "(c) said the Landlord (d) to the bloke (a)

Oh.. how they all laughed.

It has just been pointed out to me that it might not have been a bloke (a) at all. Just as well really otherwise the joke may have come across as sexist.

I might, if I could be bothered, be offended and report you for aiding the demise of the "pub" by suggesting it is a place where jokes that may or may not offend, be told, thereby tainting the image of said "pub" instead of treating it in a respectable manner and portraying it as a responsible serious and not so serious drinking establishment.

Just re-read that and it contains enough rubbish to be worthy of a post so...I'm off to bed before I get death threats :lol: :lol: :lol:

studders":2pc174f4 said:
matt":2pc174f4 said:
Rule broken 1753 times now... :roll:

Yebbut, it's 'this last week' that's throwing me. :?

A clue...
fish80x80.JPG

Smudger":17ch6f7b said:

Surely the English half of you can tell it to stop being so stupid? (joke)

If anyone ever believed that there is any racial difference between English and Irish, they were the stupid ones and surely are already in the ground. I don't believe there is anyone on this forum who thinks that, or any Irish person who thinks that anyone on here thinks that. If anyone actually believed it I agree it would be offensive either to them or from them.

For that that reason jokes about black racial stereotypes are quite rightly infra dig except within that community (a la Chris Rock). Or, as between someone of that race and someone they choose to allow to make such jokes.

But ruling out jokes based on nationality, rather than ethnicity, en masse is a bit too dry old stick to me. I'm half american (with large doses of all sorts because of that), and I don't feel in the slightest upset when people take the water out of either english or americans, or any of the many countries which lie somewhere behind that (some of which were rather more persecuted hence their presence over there).

Smudger":2lpfykua said:
Like on the other place, where a South African posts terrible anti-Black rants under the heading of jokes?

Perhaps that's the point - nobody else seems to be considering these as "anti-Irish rants". They are jokes. Pure and simple. Not a covert way of suppressing the Irish, or any other conspiratorial notion.

In the (now infamous) Irish Joke Thread (in which it was stated that the jokes were offensive to the Irish) I raised a point as to whether there would be such a reaction if a joke thread about blondes or bankers was started. There was no response from either you or Mike G.

I'm off to bed. So any non-response isn't to be taken as a sign of anything other than i'm tired :lol:

Cheers

Karl

:shock:

That's the last time I post any jokes no this forum :?

Won't waste my time trying to perhaps brighten someones day with a little chuckle or laugh

And I thought this was a OPEN Public forum ? and the joke was in the GENERAL CHAT section

Modds please delete this if you think I have / may / will offend someone

HO HUM

:?

Back