Joke thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have been taken from this forum and posted in another and then back here, a joke I made up on here ended up on another forum.... I was quite taken!!!

But, when I posted it it was one I remembered from some years ago so I rewrote it to post, it is my words copied and posted.
I understand that lots of people know the same joke and wouldn't necessarily read the whole thread to see if it's been posted before, but then it would not be my exact words, just seems odd, I posted it here and on another totally unrelated forum and it HAS been copied and posted.
Today I saw a joke on a Network Rail forum that was identical to one I saw on here a few days back. I assumed it had amused him & he had re-posted it to a different forum to a different audience. I doubt there was malice, it's just cross pollination between unrelated forums. Still, I smiled at the joke and scrolled to the next one.

But, when I posted it it was one I remembered from some years ago so I rewrote it to post, it is my words copied and posted.
I understand that lots of people know the same joke and wouldn't necessarily read the whole thread to see if it's been posted before, but then it would not be my exact words, just seems odd, I posted it here and on another totally unrelated forum and it HAS been copied and posted.

No no I see what's happened , you've gone global , it's gone round the world 360 and got back to you. Don't be offended mate your famous

No no I see what's happened , you've gone global , it's gone round the world 360 and got back to you. Don't be offended mate your famous

Not offended at all just seemed odd, and per post above I never claimed to have made it up, it was just my exact wording of it that seemed odd to have been reposted.

John Cooper Clarke made a good job of this joke 6 years ago.

Jokes evolve and generations forget. No harm in reminding them. I forgot this JCC clip until reminded. If anyone is unaware of John Cooper Clarke, try youtube, he is a wordsmith extraordinaire, dry, cynical and definitely pushing boundaries in that era. Outside the chip shop Saturday night etc.

35F53BB1-123F-42E0-81FD-BEFFFEA2CB6E.jpeg

Today I saw a joke on a Network Rail forum that was identical to one I saw on here a few days back. I assumed it had amused him & he had re-posted it to a different forum to a different audience. I doubt there was malice, it's just cross pollination between unrelated forums. Still, I smiled at the joke and scrolled to the next one.
I found this wonderful British woodworking forum and started reading the joke thread. I have found many great jokes and cartoons here that I have copied and pasted to another woodworking forum in the U.S. Not meaning to steal anybodies thunder, just wanting to share the great British humor that is so lacking in the States. I also put some of it up on my Facebook page. Never meaning to offend anybody in any way.

My wife is a lovely lady who does not need the encyclopedias offered for sale earlier in the thread tells me I cannot tell a joke. Accordingly if I did so on this forum and some one found it funny and repeated it I would be proud of my joke telling.
Perhaps I am suffering from a positive attitude rather than a negative one.
Perhaps; regrettably, I have to many grey hairs to look for a cure for my positive attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back